Typhon 3S - Truggified with classic truggy tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee82gx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
Hello everyone

I was a bit bummed with typhon on those stock buggy tires, as I only bash around on untrimmed grassy areas or rocky terrain.

Last time around I bashed on unkempt grass after rain and it seized all the wheel bearings!

Now its back with a vengeance and after quite a bit of searching I think its rare for the typhon with 140mm 1/8 racing truggy tyres!

Next step I think I will widen the stance with widening hubs but I think it will put a lot of strain on the drive shafts. I have adapters already for +23mm per side but didn't manage to do this this week, perhaps next week.

It also has 13T pinion, after a few minutes of full throttle the motor seems cool.

Peace.
20231003_113924504_iOS.jpeg

20231003_113919677_iOS.jpeg

Seems what you really wanted was an OC from the start. Looks like the direction you are heading.3s OC and Typhon all share the same identical chassis part ( same wheelbase) Be careful that you don't go too much wider with track width there. It will lose steering, harder to control.
Your Truggy wheels are Zero offset. A Postive offset Truggy wheel (giving a wider track width) would have been better from what you are saying.
I like Truggy LP pin tires on all my rigs too. Are you still getting full steering rotation with those big Truggy wheels? Any clearance issues?

Last edited:
Seems what you really wanted was an OC from the start. Looks like the direction you are heading.3s OC and Typhon all share the same identical chassis part ( same wheelbase) Be careful that you don't go too much wider with track width there. It will lose steering, harder to control.
Your Truggy wheels are Zero offset. A Postive offset Truggy wheel (giving a wider track width) would have been better from what you are saying.
I like Truggy LP pin tires on all my rigs too. Are you still getting full steering rotation with those big Truggy wheels? Any clearance issues?
I would’ve loved more offset right from the start but it’s not economical where I live to get them. Somehow tyres that are near this range in size mostly comes with 12mm hexes, while the 17mm hexes are either 1/8 MT (very large, possibly over taxing the motor & esc) or very expensive prolines (retailing around us$100 per set here).
These truggy tyres can be shared with my Kraton 6s and are retailing for less than $40…

With no offset I just trimmed the steering end points ever slightly and I don’t even think it was that obviously rubbing to start with…at least statically

I will really need to run this a bit more to observe the turning and whether it really does rub. So yes, I believe I will have increased turning radius if I widen the car, I suppose I’ll have to try it out..

Yes, I should’ve gone with a Truck but I really was shooting in the dark with that one. That’s how I ended up with another Kraton 6s anyway. I don’t know if there’s another 3s OC or Notorious though. Just Big rock and granite

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back