8s diff slipping I think, maybe⁹³3³3³²¹¹¹¹w¹51¹

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassix

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all. So I recently picked up a kraton 8s, bad thing is is that its from a pawn shop. So I got it home and started looking at it and I wasn't really sure what goes on there and what doesn't I know it's got upgraded differentials and it's got the street tires on it and no wing for some reason. Anyway when I go to drive it, I'll hit the trigger and it's like the slipper is slipping and you can hear the motor Rev and the motor turns but the wheels don't turn very fast at all and it takes a minute for them to catch up to the motor sound if that makes any sense. Also my front right tire is not turning with the rest of the other three tires when I hit the gas when is in the air I was curious if anybody knew what that was too I'd like to just take some pictures and post the pictures on here so you guys know what I'm talking about any help would be greatly appreciated

It's time to look... open the diffs and check. Could have some chips on the input gear for the diff and also check the internal spider & sun gears inside the diffs.

Of course, look over the pinion and spur gear while you are looking.

If one wheel doesn't spin with the others and it is spinning freely by hand, most of the motor power is being pushed to that wheel. It would explain why the car is slow in picking up speed.

Maybe a diff pin? Or check the tire that's free spinning,maybe the driveshaft pin has broken off

Back