Bought a new K8S and I think I'm having battery issues...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An hour? C'mon.. I suppose at maybe an average speed of 2MPH? Is what it is, not looking to argue, but I find that hard to believe.
I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound combative. Yea, real close to it. Hard sprints across open flat ground and stuff, SMC 6s 7400 mah brick. Truck is stock gearing and electronics, maybe it's how gentle I have to be to keep the nose down? I'm only ever at full throttle when near top speed. I do make long full throttle passes on blacktop too, when there isn't traffic.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound combative. Yea, real close to it. Hard sprints across open flat ground and stuff, SMC 6s 7400 mah brick. Truck is stock gearing and electronics, maybe it's how gentle I have to be to keep the nose down? I'm only ever at full throttle when near top speed. I do make long full throttle passes on blacktop too, when there isn't traffic.
Me either (combative). I'm so conflicted when it comes to spending the money, LOL. Do I buy the good stuff and potentially be disappointed, or stick to the budget batteries and live with low expectations? LOL :unsure: 🙃 😂

Me either (combative). I'm so conflicted when it comes to spending the money, LOL. Do I buy the good stuff and potentially be disappointed, or stick to the budget batteries and live with low expectations? LOL :unsure: 🙃 😂
I've been very pleased with smc, boat guys swear by them. 5 years running but it's getting to the point where it doesn't wanna balance right. I will be buying more of them, my boys run gensacearespammers hard packs i have 6 2s with no issues.

I'm stuck between "Buy cheap, buy twice", "Buy once, cry once", and "Buy nice, cry twice".

Seems like anyway you spend money, you'll be getting shafted somehow :ROFLMAO:

I've been very pleased with smc, boat guys swear by them. 5 years running but it's getting to the point where it doesn't wanna balance right. I will be buying more of them, my boys run gensacearespammers hard packs i have 6 2s with no issues.
Lol, what happened here? That's not what I typed.

I'm stuck between "Buy cheap, buy twice", "Buy once, cry once", and "Buy nice, cry twice".

Seems like anyway you spend money, you'll be getting shafted somehow :ROFLMAO:
Am I missing something? I am admittedly nowhere close to the level of experience wiyh this hobby as a lot of you in here, but I've sern so many people talking about only getting 6 months to a year out of 3s-4s 30-40 dollar "cheapo" batts, and SMC has offerings in that same price range.

5 years is darned impressive I must say. Only batteries I had that lasted that long were Turnigy, circa 2011. I left them sitting in an unheated garage, no maintenance for years. Some lived, some died..🤷‍♂️

Ah, I have wondered so much about this, now I know. The pic that @Dan B. posted had me like...
download.jpeg

Am I missing something? I am admittedly nowhere close to the level of experience wiyh this hobby as a lot of you in here, but I've sern so many people talking about only getting 6 months to a year out of 3s-4s 30-40 dollar "cheapo" batts, and SMC has offerings in that same price range.
Yes, well, sort of.. You skipped past the junk and went for the "good stuff". LOL. But, there are soo many variables and inconsistencies in quality, QC ect. that it could literally change at any time/batch.
The question that I have to ask is, if say SMC is selling a 6s battery for the same price as one of the "Ping-Pong China" brands from amazon, is the SMC really better? I mean, I have had Ping-Pong batteries last 3+ years, and had them crap out in less than 30 days. Ping-Pong refunded my money no questions asked basically, so what's it all worth IDK.

5 years is darned impressive I must say. Only batteries I had that lasted that long were Turnigy, circa 2011. I left them sitting in an unheated garage, no maintenance for years. Some lived, some died..🤷‍♂️
That batt cost $100ish in 2018, and I have beat the crap out of it all year long ever since.

Yes, well, sort of.. You skipped past the junk and went for the "good stuff". LOL. But, there are soo many variables and inconsistencies in quality, QC ect. that it could literally change at any time/batch.
The question that I have to ask is, if say SMC is selling a 6s battery for the same price as one of the "Ping-Pong China" brands from amazon, is the SMC really better? I mean, I have had Ping-Pong batteries last 3+ years, and had them crap out in less than 30 days. Ping-Pong refunded my money no questions asked basically, so what's it all worth IDK.
Maybe I'm just a lucky sob? lol.

My experience has been all over the place. My intent was to say that, for me at least, it seems like it doesn't matter what I buy, cause i'll always be wrong :ROFLMAO:

Bought 2 pairs of SMCs a few years ago, they all puffed or lost cells within a year or two. Bought several pairs of CNHLs -- the balance plug on both my 4s packs no longer works and the 3s packs puffed. Bought a different 4s pair of CNHL and the voltage was around 2.7v per cell out of the box. Ironically, my original pair of 3s Hoovo's and my 4000 Socokin 6s pack have been pretty reliable. Subsequent hoovo packs and socokin packs have not been as good. Of course, most of my zeee's have been pretty underwhelming. Overall, a rather mixed bag it seems 🤷‍♂️

My experience has been all over the place. My intent was to say that, for me at least, it seems like it doesn't matter what I buy, cause i'll always be wrong :ROFLMAO:

Bought 2 pairs of SMCs a few years ago, they all puffed or lost cells within a year or two. Bought several pairs of CNHLs -- the balance plug on both my 4s packs no longer works and the 3s packs puffed. Bought a different 4s pair of CNHL and the voltage was around 2.7v per cell out of the box. Ironically, my original pair of 3s Hoovo's and my 4000 Socokin 6s pack have been pretty reliable. Subsequent hoovo packs and socokin packs have not been as good. Of course, most of my zeee's have been pretty underwhelming. Overall, a rather mixed bag it seems 🤷‍♂️
Similar experiences here, except I never ponied up for the name brands. I've had Zeee's that were great, at least IMO. Had Zeee's that were trash.. Socokin have been great, but only bought one pair thus far, but they have already paid for themselves as far as I'm concerned. $62 for 2x4s 6500's with at least 25-30 cycles on them now..
TBH, I haven't been overly impressed by CNHL's either. I have a pair of 4s that were okay, but one has lost a cell, now the latest pair of G+ 4s 6000's have been good, but I have a cell that's dropping in one.. Lipo's are like a box of chocolates I guess..

Back