Acceptable Play

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spug

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Curious about the wobble on my outdrives on my Talion and my Notorious. The side to side play is non existent so I know the diffs are shimmed properly. The question is about the wobble or play up and down on the drive cups. They all seem to have some play (front, center and rear) but how much is acceptable? I went to my local shop and played with a few and they all have different amounts of play in them. I know you can add shims behind the stellite gears in the diffs but I don't want to over do it.

I have about 1/16" of play in all of mine.

Hopefully this makes sense LOL.

If you mean movement in a left/right or passenger to driver direction, 1/16" is huge, it's generally pretty tight in that direction

If you mean movement in a left/right or passenger to driver direction, 1/16" is huge, it's generally pretty tight in that direction
Left to right is all good. Nice and tight. If you pull up and down or back and forth on the actual drive cups there is some play.

I do find the cups pretty loose in those directions, but that's up to the bearings I believe. Probably normal slop, maybe loose/worn from getting bashed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back