Big Rock Already bored with stock motor/ESC set-up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
20 minutes out of the box and I decided that she needs a new heart. I get bored easily. Maybe because I enjoy wrenching more than driving my RCs. I'm sure some of you out there can relate.

I'm rather fond of Hobbywing as they've served me very well. Never played with Castle products. So.... I'm thinking of getting the Max10 G2 140A ESC coupled with 3665 SD G3 2400kv motor setup.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/col...run-max10-combo-3665sd?variant=40522184196211

I'm open to other setups/recommendations.

20 minutes out of the box and I decided that she needs a new heart. I get bored easily. Maybe because I enjoy wrenching more than driving my RCs. I'm sure some of you out there can relate.

I'm rather fond of Hobbywing as they've served me very well. Never played with Castle products. So.... I'm thinking of getting the Max10 G2 140A ESC coupled with 3665 SD G3 2400kv motor setup.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/col...run-max10-combo-3665sd?variant=40522184196211

I'm open to other setups/recommendations.

Not sure if you are going for efficiency or power... I wanted more efficiency while still keeping the same power of the rig.

I changed stock for the Firma 130A ESC since it has LVC options and is a 4S ESC, same in my Losi DB Pro and Lasernut U4. Motor swapped for a HobbyStar 3670 3050kv with 15T pinion. I tried 17T even with good fans and a temp gauge, but it got hot too fast.... 15T sweet spot.

So…. what was the reason you didn’t buy a 4S?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back