Big Rock Motor/esc problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weevil

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Notorious
hi all, getting this weird clicking on startup. and the usual beeps that come with the motor or pressing the set button are not present. here is the video :

tried new batteries, unplugging/replugging motor wire. i get steering, as seen in the video, but nothing on the throttle. pretty stumped with this, any help is appreciated

You had me at weird clicking noise. Did you just install the Dumbo transmitter? Check that you installed the esc connection correctly into the reciever. Rebind and calibrate the esc endpoints to the transmitter. Pull the power module and see if the motor works by itself or is it just when installed. Seems like a transmitter / reciever issue.

Also might want to factory reset the esc if everything else looks good.

You had me at weird clicking noise. Did you just install the Dumbo transmitter? Check that you installed the esc connection correctly into the reciever. Rebind and calibrate the esc endpoints to the transmitter. Pull the power module and see if the motor works by itself or is it just when installed. Seems like a transmitter / reciever issue.

Also might want to factory reset the esc if everything else looks good.
you can see and hear in the video. the dumbo was working fine yesterday, there have been no changes apart from a slipper that loostened which i tightened up. i had another look at the gear mesh and everything, it was fine, the clicking noise seemed to be coming from inside the motor. i might have to take it to the LHS to get warrantied

When did this start or what caused the change for it to do this?

Many ESCs send little pulses to the motor during their bootup sequence, and frequently during settings changes the motor will blip at the same time the ESC beeps. I don't suspect a motor problem, since there's much less in the motor to just go bad. If you have spare parts or another rig, I would swap in known good components one by one to try and isolate what the issue is.

Back