Limitless Aluminum steering knuckle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester194

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
I'm looking for opinions on aluminum steering knuckles for my v1 limitless, now that I'm done with my v2 I need another project lol
I'm looking for opinions on aluminum steering knuckles for my v1 limitless, now that I'm done with my v2 I need another project lol
Correction to above... I'm looking for opinions on wether or not I should get aluminum knuckles for v1

I don't feel they will do anything for a 1/7 On road platform, except add weight. I never upgraded them.
They will just add bling. If your wallet allows, you can slam everything with alloys, only because the next guy does?? IDK. I tend to stay with stock parts. They work fine. And when/If they do break, they are very inexpensive. The alloy parts can still break/bend and do wear out. Alloy Replacements gets costly.
Plastic hubs allow for some flexibility, and prevents further damage to the other related parts. Like cracked Fr/Rr bulkheads, and arms etc.

The only main advantage to running Alloy hubs/uprights is that most of them use Larger Inner wheel BB's. The BB's that usually fail first. I feel that with On road running platforms on cleaner pavement it doesn't make much difference at all.
With Off road running platforms in the dirty stuff, the smaller stock size Inner Wheel BB's do wear out much faster. Alloy hubs would serve better. Yet I still only use plastic hubs on them also. I am not big on alloy upgrades. I try to keep things light as possible. Lean and mean is how I fly with most of my RC's.
CF parts in other key areas is probably better for On road platforms. What I would focus on.

Last edited:
I don't feel they will do anything for a 1/7 On road platform, except add weight. I never upgraded them.
They will just add bling. If your wallet allows, you can slam everything with alloys, only because the next guy does?? IDK. I tend to stay with stock parts. They work fine. And when/If they do break, they are very inexpensive.

The only main advantage to running Alloy hubs/uprights is that most of them use Larger Inner BB's. The BB's that usually fail first. I feel that with On road running platforms onn cleaner pavement it doesn's make much differnce.
With Off road running platforms, the smaller stock size Inner Wheel BB's do wear out much faster.
That's kinda what I figured but was just making sure there wasn't any advantage that I didn't know about... The v1 will be the one I use a lot

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back