Typhon Any help would be appreciated.... Typhon bad steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomashacker

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have had my Typhon for a couple of years and its been through a lot. I am trying to get it running smooth again.

Steering is poor. The throw on the servo/steering is small. The wheels don't turn like they used to. I got a new servo and it helped a bit, but not enough.
Maybe it is a transmitter calibration issue? I don't know. Here is a video if any one has any ideas.

Here is a link to a video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VAQFv-SiY_a2TJ1JJYoM0xiakVzLZJwg/view?usp=sharing

Looks like you just need to set the endpoints on the transmitter or dual rate. What transmitter are you using?

Turn up the dual rate knob. Also could invest in a new servo saver down the road, the stock one isnt the greatest.

You can also shim the spring on your servo saver, but that won’t correct your lack of steering angle. As mentioned above, endpoints are critical. If it hasn’t been torn down yet in those couple of years, do it. Strip your rig, do all maintenance, refresh and shim your diffs, and check all links everywhere for smooth operation and little slop. Put it back together (use blue Loctite anywhere screws go into metal), check everything again, and recalibrate your transmitter. When you installed your new servo go back and check that, too…when the servo horn is off, power up the rig with steering trim set to neutral and let your servo center itself. Then install the servo horn while the wheels are straight. Dial it in with trim when you run it. Any questions, the manual is your friend. If the manual doesn’t answer your questions, we are your friends, too. 😊
It’ll be like you have a new rig.

Aluminum steering bellcrank and upgraded shocks drastically improved my typhon steering.

Thanks for sharing this. I’d never seen this video before, great stuff! Should be required viewing for everybody running an SLT3 for sure.
It took me forever to figure out how to do this, as I was looking in the vehicle manual not the radio manual.
I think a member here on the forum talked me through it when I got my first Typhon RTR back in the day.

I have had my Typhon for a couple of years and its been through a lot. I am trying to get it running smooth again.

Steering is poor. The throw on the servo/steering is small. The wheels don't turn like they used to. I got a new servo and it helped a bit, but not enough.
Maybe it is a transmitter calibration issue? I don't know. Here is a video if any one has any ideas.

Here is a link to a video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VAQFv-SiY_a2TJ1JJYoM0xiakVzLZJwg/view?usp=sharing
Video has an error??:(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back