Vorteks What wheels would be good on the Vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
I’m looking at these

1/10 Trencher HP BELTED F/R 2.8" MT Tires MTD 12mm/14mm Blk Raid (2)​

My stock tires have completely worn out soooooo I need new ones

As I just replied in the Welcome thread:

Not a very popular opinion, but I like the Vorteks tires. They don't work well on all surfaces, but I find they are quite good on hardpack surfaces. IMO, they are part of the character of the RC and I like it that way.

What kind of surface do you run on? You want to go larger? Factory is pretty close to a 2.8 stadiun truck size and 2.8 Monster truck will be 1/2" to 3/4" taller. You will most likely need to change your gearing to match.

What kind of surface do you run on? You want to go larger? Factory is pretty close to a 2.8 stadiun truck size and 2.8 Monster truck will be 1/2" to 3/4" taller. You will most likely need to change your gearing to match.
I drive mostly on Asphalt but sometimes I drive off-road (mostly dirt not grass) I’m looking at these right now but I want cheaper ones

You still there

You still there

Nope, I was at work on my other keyboard.

I have these tires, they have been doing okay on pavement if you want something cheap. You might get 20-30 packs out of them on pavement.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C6MJHKQ7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Wheel adapters

Next step up would be the trenchers, be warned the trenchers will disappear fast on pavement as they are a softer rubber. Even the proline street tires disappear fast with a brushless truck. Jetko seems pretty popular but I haven't tried them. I wouldn't buy belted unless your going up to more power and are blowing out tires.

Just buy another set from Jenny's like $36-$37.

Wrong wheel adapters I forgot I used my 12mm offset ones.

Vgoohobby 12mm Hex Wheel Hubs RC Hex Hub Drive Adapter Thickness 12mm Offset Extension Compatible with Axial SCX10 90046 D90 Tamiya MST 1/10 RC Crawler Car (Black) https://a.co/d/2KFijHV

I drive mostly on Asphalt but sometimes I drive off-road (mostly dirt not grass) I’m looking at these right now but I want cheaper ones

If you drive mostly on asphalt then, you might want some street tires. No help there.

If you want cheaper, Jenny's is the place. Get a set of the originals or the ones for the Granite and Big Rock should work too.

Back