Granite No Steering, Bad Receiver??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacparry

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite Mega
Sorry if this has been answered. I did a search and couldn't find anything describing my issue or troubleshooting process. we're supposed to go bash with my son and nephews tomorrow so hoping this is a simple fix.

I have a Granite Mega that lost steering but still has throttle/brake/reverse controls. It has the stock SLR300 receiver and an upgraded S652 servo.

So far, here is what I have done:

Initially, I messed with the steering trim and it would turn a little.

I swapped the throttle and steering plugs on the receiver and the servo/steering works using the trigger on the controller but the drive motor doesn't activate when turning the wheel on the controller. I repeated this test with 2 other servos with the same result, not working when in the correct receiver slots but working when the throttle and steering plugs are reversed.

I tried rebinding the controller with no change.

I plugged the servo from the non-working granite (while still in the truck) into the receiver of another working granite and the servo/steering worked just fine.

The above makes me think that I am dealing with a bad receiver. Am I correct in my thinking?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Sure seems like a bad RX or TX.

UPDATE:

Since it is his truck, I asked my son about what happened right before it started not steering and he said he dropped the controller and all the batteries came out.

So, I binded my controller to his truck and everything worked as it should. Then, I binded his controller to my truck and no steering.

It looks like his controller is probably smoked. I'll probably hand mine down to him, so any suggestions for a replacement or should I just stick with the OE controller?

Nice work! Yep sounds like something broke on the fall.

I like the stock SLT3, a lot of members like Radiolink.

I'll probably hand mine down to him, so any suggestions for a replacement or should I just stick with the OE controller?
You can get a replacement OEM SLT3 from several places. Jenny'sRC has them the cheapeast: https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...granite-ara4312v3?_pos=5&_sid=28cb1f720&_ss=r For a cheap upgrade, there is the DumboRC one: https://www.amazon.com/DUMBORC-X6-Transmitter-Receiver-Protections-Controller/dp/B07Q112TQF or even a FlySky, of which there are multiple different versions: https://www.amazon.com/Flysky-FS-GT...8f-a036-2a32f5980cb2&pd_rd_i=B00VE3QC7C&psc=1 this is the cheapest of the FS radio's, or, the Radiolink RC4GS and RC6GS, although, the radiolink ones are a bit much for a single vehicle, and are pricier than any of the others i mentioned.

Thank you for all the replies and advice.

I took the controller apart this morning to see if anything was obviously broken and the "sensor" for the steering wheel had come out of the clips that hold it in place. Centered the sensor, snapped it back in place, all is good and our Memorial Day bash is saved!

Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.

Sorry if this has been answered. I did a search and couldn't find anything describing my issue or troubleshooting process. we're supposed to go bash with my son and nephews tomorrow so hoping this is a simple fix.

I have a Granite Mega that lost steering but still has throttle/brake/reverse controls. It has the stock SLR300 receiver and an upgraded S652 servo.

So far, here is what I have done:

Initially, I messed with the steering trim and it would turn a little.

I swapped the throttle and steering plugs on the receiver and the servo/steering works using the trigger on the controller but the drive motor doesn't activate when turning the wheel on the controller. I repeated this test with 2 other servos with the same result, not working when in the correct receiver slots but working when the throttle and steering plugs are reversed.

I tried rebinding the controller with no change.

I plugged the servo from the non-working granite (while still in the truck) into the receiver of another working granite and the servo/steering worked just fine.

The above makes me think that I am dealing with a bad receiver. Am I correct in my thinking?

Thank you!
You covered all your bases correctly. Looks to be the Rx no doubt.(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back