Anyone else try a lock wire on m2c ball cup retainer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swarmjag

Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy for drilling a hole and putting a lock wire but I'm tired of blowing out my m2c ball cup retainers every bash session.

20211114_150522.jpg

I’ve never heard of anyone blowing the M2C retainers out.. 😮
Is the axle carrier cracked?

I’ve never heard of anyone blowing the M2C retainers out.. 😮
Is the axle carrier cracked?
Nope, not cracked, and I used the m2c tool to start the threading on them. I tried plumbers tape too, my son's m2cs haven't popped out and he was doing the exact same bashing as me, same jump, same landings on its feet. Maybe there was something up with my axle carrier hubs. Both sides lower.. I don't know bit I won't get a chance to try the wire retainer until 2 weeks from now. Going out of town.

Thats an interesting problem. I haven't had any issues, then again I haven't checked em lately...Might be time for some metal knuckles....

Wow, that one I have never heard or seen.
There must be something weird going on. They physically can't blow out unless the threads are busted. Too much plastic holding them in and not enough force to blow them out.

The safety wire trick just may work though. Seems like that's a bit hardcore and all.
But who am I to say.....if it works.(y);)
Just had a bash session at the ball park clay mounds by the house.. held nothing back send after send after send.. bent and blew out the screws on the gpm aluminum turnbuckles but guess what.. my ball cup retainers stayed put :) success

The safety wire trick just may work though. Seems like that's a bit hardcore and all.
But who am I to say.....if it works.(y);)
I’ve used a ton of it on lycoming 6 cylinder aircraft engines but never thought I’d be safety wiring a rc but it definitely isn’t going anywhere now👍🏼

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back