Outcast PROLINE PRO LOCK TRENCHERS!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I have a set of MX43 Badlands and they are a great tire. I’m thinking about a set of the Trenchers but for $250 a set I want to know if they are good. Anyone run the kind with beadlocks

I've been stuck in this dilemma for months debating whether to get those Proline trenchers tires. People kept saying they're heavy and prone to breaking, so I held off on buying them. Then, last month, someone offered to swap their trenchers for my K8s stock exb chassis. I thought, 'Why not?' So, here's the lowdown after thrashing around with them for about 10 packs.

Those trenchers are a blast! The way they handle in the air is top-notch, and they make landings way smoother. I've been really pushing my O8S with these trenchers, and surprisingly, nothing's broken yet. But, I did make some adjustments: switched my gear ratio from 39/39 to 40/47, used the lightest battery I have, dialed down the punch to level 2, and stick to bashing on loose surfaces.

However, there's a downside when I take them out for open field bashing – these tires balloon like crazy, and because they're heavy, the temperature shoots up quite a bit.

I've been stuck in this dilemma for months debating whether to get those Proline trenchers tires. People kept saying they're heavy and prone to breaking, so I held off on buying them. Then, last month, someone offered to swap their trenchers for my K8s stock exb chassis. I thought, 'Why not?' So, here's the lowdown after thrashing around with them for about 10 packs.

Those trenchers are a blast! The way they handle in the air is top-notch, and they make landings way smoother. I've been really pushing my O8S with these trenchers, and surprisingly, nothing's broken yet. But, I did make some adjustments: switched my gear ratio from 39/39 to 40/47, used the lightest battery I have, dialed down the punch to level 2, and stick to bashing on loose surfaces.

However, there's a downside when I take them out for open field bashing – these tires balloon like crazy, and because they're heavy, the temperature shoots up quite a bit.

Vent them. Proline has a video explaining it, but they do recommend venting them.

Vent them. Proline has a video explaining it, but they do recommend venting them.
Yeah, I did vent 'em like PL suggested. Plus, I've got an ear plug in the middle. But you know, when I'm tearing up an open field, I switch to different belted tires instead of sticking with the trenchers. They balloon a bit too much, throwing off the car's stability. By the way, my next goal is to grab those Badlands since I've been hearing awesome things about 'em.

I have the O8S, and I have both of these tires. I break a lot more, and in general have to be more careful with the Trenchers. The Trenchers are awesome for tearing it up on asphalt, they get some good grip, where the Badlands don’t. The trenchers also have top notch air control. Outside of that, the Badlands win in every category. They handle better, easier on the rig, and look almost as good.

I have both, and the Trenchers sit on my shelf the most.

I have the O8S, and I have both of these tires. I break a lot more, and in general have to be more careful with the Trenchers. The Trenchers are awesome for tearing it up on asphalt, they get some good grip, where the Badlands don’t. The trenchers also have top notch air control. Outside of that, the Badlands win in every category. They handle better, easier on the rig, and look almost as good.

I have both, and the Trenchers sit on my shelf the most.
Totally with you there! When you're on those trenchers, throttle control's key, and landing on all fours is a must to avoid any mishaps. Even with proper landing there is still chance of breakage but so far Im good. Personally, I reckon trenchers are just made for outcast models. Tried 'em on my Kraton, and boy, it was a disaster - those tires are all about stunts, not open field bashing. Can't wait for my next buy, gonna get the Badlands for the Kraton!

Totally with you there! When you're on those trenchers, throttle control's key, and landing on all fours is a must to avoid any mishaps. Even with proper landing there is still chance of breakage but so far Im good. Personally, I reckon trenchers are just made for outcast models. Tried 'em on my Kraton, and boy, it was a disaster - those tires are all about stunts, not open field bashing. Can't wait for my next buy, gonna get the Badlands for the Kraton!
I think you’re spot on. The O8S is a special rig, and unique things work well on it, and unique things don't.

O8S wants medium amounts of power, with big ballooning grippy (Trenchers as you mentioned) tires. With its short wheelbase, it can only put so much power down. The K8S wants all the power! With medium sized belted tires and a medium viscosity center diff, it does really well putting the power down.

Trenchers air control so good it's hard not to land on all 4 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back