Grom Anyone ever made a rollcage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamwins

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Typhon TLR
So im curious if its possible to 3d print some type of a support structure for the grom, ive been thinking of maybe spot welding somthing basic together thant will help keep my battery from being punctured and misc parts from flying off or gettting out of whack in the event of high speed tumbles.

So im curious if its possible to 3d print some type of a support structure for the grom, ive been thinking of maybe spot welding somthing basic together thant will help keep my battery from being punctured and misc parts from flying off or gettting out of whack in the event of high speed tumbles.
I’ve heard up people brazing cages, you could also throw something in the 3d print section. You’d need a pretty tough material

There are a few videos online of people building polystyrene roll cages for drift cars, but they don't appear super strong.

Styrene or if you created a mold with JB weld. Otherwise a heat gun and plastic rod forming will be plenty for a 2-3lb RC

Even for a 2lb car that goes 50+mph?
Lol, no. That's why the rest of the oem parts are high impact nylon or glass filled pc. If the main concern is collapsing the body on a hit, could probably try some kind of mod for the senton/kraton internal rollbar or fab something similar to attach through the body to skid plates on the roof. Like a traxxas xmaxx

Lol, no. That's why the rest of the oem parts are high impact nylon or glass filled pc. If the main concern is collapsing the body on a hit, could probably try some kind of mod for the senton/kraton internal rollbar or fab something similar to attach through the body to skid plates on the roof. Like a traxxas xmaxx
And those are pretty tough parts- the OEM's. I think the key is really getting the body to stay on and keep everything from flying out. Some kinda mod with post and clips would do the trick

Back