Granite Decisions to be made.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clan-of-Nowina

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 3s
IMG_0029.jpeg
IMG_0030.jpeg

Bought the motor and ECS for another project and bought this tonight used. Locally bought used. Came with everything and 3 batteries. May have spent a bit much, $125, but after wiping it down, it does look like it was used only a few times. With minimum skidding time on the body shell. Should I do it? I have the manual and it gives the part numbers to upgrade it. Has required parts and not required parts. Use factory parts or aftermarket? Can i go as far as adding a front diff? Well it’s late and i will look it over good tomorrow. Will also receive my new charger and might be able to hook up the deans connectors to it. Than i could a least blast it around as is to see if anything is wrong with it. Will update as i go.

So, can’t seem to find this exact chassis style for the granite online. I know it exists, but what year. Yes, it is 4x2. I’m ok with that. I know i need a reinforced trans housing and a metal gear inside to make it all work. So those knowable in these parts and model, please help me along. Also what options do i have? Seems the manual gives like 6 tire sizes and 4 different body styles. So what do i actually have and what are my options with parts and style? I know it’s a lot, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Robert
IMG_0033.jpeg
IMG_0032.jpeg
IMG_0031.jpeg

Well i charged the batteries. 2 showed almost a full charge. The one in the vehicle needs a full charge. Now in progress. Plugged the battery in. Recover comes on. Remote control powers on. Houston, we have a problem. No forward. No reverse. Does steer. So checked connections, seem ok. Now need to disassemble it to check motor and gears. Again, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

Last edited:
Decision has been made. Motor is garbage. Applied direct battery voltage to the battery, and no go. I checked the ma Neal and it seems I need a metal pinion and metal gear. Also requires a stronger gear cover. Looks like there is a metal pinion gear and a metal gear. So really only need a stronger gear cover. Any thoughts.

Thanks,
Robert

IMG_0034.jpeg
IMG_0035.jpeg

Decision has been made. Motor is garbage. Applied direct battery voltage to the battery, and no go. I checked the ma Neal and it seems I need a metal pinion and metal gear. Also requires a stronger gear cover. Looks like there is a metal pinion gear and a metal gear. So really only need a stronger gear cover. Any thoughts.

Thanks,
Robert

View attachment 355773View attachment 355774
It is done. Working forward and reverse. Remote seems to be a bit iffy. But working.

IMG_0036.jpeg

Back