Granite Anyone think any new models are coming out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scourge

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I am new to this and am really thinking of splurging on a Granite or Vorteks. Both seem to be amazing. But I saw a reddit thread that thought there may be redesigns for the 3s lineup coming out soon. I don't want to buy one and then see a better version come out a month or two later. It's a big investment, and I don't want to regret it. Does anyone think any new models are on the horizon? I appreciate any thoughts.

I really dislike my vorteks, it has too many design flows. Just start with a Team Associated MT10, an Outcast/Kraton 4s, or a trx maxx. It's way more fun to have a durable rc car for your first.
Thanks for the input. Since I made that post, I've read a few people who have had Vortek problems. I'm leaning more toward an MT10 or a Maverick Quantum 2 now. The others are too expensive. I may go MT10 brushed and convert to brushless later. Or just go with the Quantum 2 as is.

Thanks for the input. Since I made that post, I've read a few people who have had Vortek problems. I'm leaning more toward an MT10 or a Maverick Quantum 2 now. The others are too expensive. I may go MT10 brushed and convert to brushless later. Or just go with the Quantum 2 as is.
Sound's like a plan as long as you get the brushed at least $100 cheaper!

Go for the brushless mt10. Don’t beat about the bush and go for the 3s, it will save you money in the long run because you will defo want more power at some point 🤟🏼

Last edited:
I wouldn't go brushed. You may as well start off with brushless. Not sure why that's being suggested? Also I can't speak to other 3s Arrma's but I have a Granite and buddy had Typhon and both were very good and durable rigs. Just my 2 cents.

I wouldn't go brushed. You may as well start off with brushless. Not sure why that's being suggested? Also I can't speak to other 3s Arrma's but I have a Granite and buddy had Typhon and both were very good and durable rigs. Just my 2 cents.
Ooops I ment brushless will edit now

The brushless is $330. The brushed is $255. I guess I was thinking that's a big enough difference. Could get brushed now and save some cash.

And when I finally go brushless maybe end up with a better motor and ESC than the stock brushless. It's just replacing the motor and ESC, correct? That shouldn't cost too much.

Are any of these brushless motor/ESC combos on AliExpress legit? They don't look bad.

Everywhere looks like they have those prices on both models. Does anyone know how to get a deal on one?

Last edited:
I am new to this and am really thinking of splurging on a Granite or Vorteks. Both seem to be amazing. But I saw a reddit thread that thought there may be redesigns for the 3s lineup coming out soon. I don't want to buy one and then see a better version come out a month or two later. It's a big investment, and I don't want to regret it. Does anyone think any new models are on the horizon? I appreciate any thoughts.
Have you considered the 3s Big Rock? It’s longer and a lot more stable. Much better rig.
I have both ,the Vortek sucks. Too light and the front end is always up. You can wheelie a Big Rock but you don’t have to. They handle great and are tough as hell too.

I hadn't really considered the Big Rock because it's more expensive. I guess it's only $20 more, though. Didn't really notice that. I will look into it.

The brushless is $330. The brushed is $255. I guess I was thinking that's a big enough difference. Could get brushed now and save some cash.

And when I finally go brushless maybe end up with a better motor and ESC than the stock brushless. It's just replacing the motor and ESC, correct? That shouldn't cost too much.

Are any of these brushless motor/ESC combos on AliExpress legit? They don't look bad.

Everywhere looks like they have those prices on both models. Does anyone know how to get a deal on one?
You'll have more than just the esc and motor to upgrade or at least I'd imagine. Don't know anything about the MT10 brushed but you'll likely have to upgrade a lot of the drivetrain parts etc. There is a Granite on Amazon warehouse "used like new". Which in my experience means a corner of the box is bent for a good price
Screenshot_20240205_204037_Amazon Shopping.jpg

There's also a Big Rock for $320 on warehouse deal as well.

That's how I got my K6 for $420. Worked out real well for me and HH still backed it with warranty when my ESC......did things

I hadn't really considered the Big Rock because it's more expensive. I guess it's only $20 more, though. Didn't really notice that. I will look into it.
I've had atleast one version of every 3s & 4s Arrma except the Vorteks. I will say the Big Rock was the absolute worst rc I've ever had. Well I had a Redcat Blackout XTE pro that was slightly worse.
I even gave it a second chance and bought a second one and it was just as bad.
Sure is a good looking truck though.

You guys are crazy, the Vorteks rips…the fastest 1/10 scale 3S rig and it slices and handles like a dream..
What kind of design flaw are you talking about??
front steering hubs, motor mount/plate, plastic spur gear, plastic diffs + plastic yolks (at least one should be metal), also the tires wear out super quick

front steering hubs, motor mount/plate, plastic spur gear, plastic diffs + plastic yolks (at least one should be metal), also the tires wear out super quick
Yeah you’re right I bought one and tried my best to like it but can’t.

That is EVERY 3s arrma though. 🤣🤣🤣

You're going to have good experiences and bad experiences with pretty much every RC on the market. If you want to find the "good" you will. Want to find the "bad" you will. With both the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Your experience will vary with how you use and maintain the rig. Just go with your gut bro. They all will break and all can be fixed. If you're concerned with breaking or fixing then honestly this is probably a hobby to stay away from.

Back