Are my batteries ruined?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Although I think I may know the answer already I would like a second opinion and maybe know if there is a way to salvage them. For sure my 3s is not in good shape as a couple of the cells have swollen and don't look normal. Then I have a couple of 2s lipos also in bad shape. For one they get quite hot after just a minute or two of running them in my granite and then my truck will just stop. I will move the wires connecting the battery around a little and it works for a few more seconds before it stops working again. I can turn the tires on the truck but it won't go forward. At first I thought it was the esc but now when I try to charge my batteries the charger won't even recognize them or it will charge them for a few seconds and then the red light indicating an error will start flashing. Keep in mind I am using a Traxxas EZ charger or whatever it's called and these things don't easily recognize non-Traxxas batteries. To be honest none of the 4 lipos I've ever had lasted me more than 35-40 charges. I just ordered a much better charger in the mail but I don't know if I'll be able to salvage my batteries even with a more competent charger. Any thoughts or suggestions?

They sound screwed ? get yourself a lipo cell checker, and sounds like your plugs/wires have a bad connection ,a good charger will help, but always balance charge and put on storage after use , never leave your packs fully charged for longer than 48hrs. Keep your packs out of the heat.
Hope this helps ?

I got a Fleuron, Zeee, a Traxxas, and a gensacearespammers. And I probably did contribute to their demise, I will leave them fully charged for up to 7 to 8 days in between bashing sessions. I can't keep on buying a new batter every couple of months at $40-50 a piece after only a few dozen re-charges. I believe these things are supposed to last longer than that.

I got a Fleuron, Zeee, a Traxxas, and a gensacearespammers. And I probably did contribute to their demise, I will leave them fully charged for up to 7 to 8 days in between bashing sessions. I can't keep on buying a new batter every couple of months at $40-50 a piece after only a few dozen re-charges. I believe these things are supposed to last longer than that.
Don’t leave them charged that long. Charge them st most the day before. I don’t even do that. I put my batteries to charge while I’m packing up to go bashing. It takes nothing to go from storage charge to a full balance charge.

I read different suggestions elsewhere that you could actually leave them charged for a whole week. Guess from now on I will be doing what was said above. I think my charger is crap also.

I read different suggestions elsewhere that you could actually leave them charged for a whole week. Guess from now on I will be doing what was said above. I think my charger is crap also.
I would agreed with getting another charger ?, it's unfortunate you have had such a bad run with your packs, hopefully your next packs don't end up the same as your current ones ??

I do. I never charge a lipo without using the balance plug. I just didn't know (based on some comments) if all modes automatically balanced it. I suspected it did, which is why I've always used it.

I do. I never charge a lipo without using the balance plug. I just didn't know (based on some comments) if all modes automatically balanced it. I suspected it did, which is why I've always used it.

I always use "balance charge" and "storage charge" on my charger.. In my case.. Both do balance the cells..

I also have a "fast charge" option.. That doesn't.. And so i never use it..

Most new chargers also have an option to check the voltage in each cell of your pack..

If you have that option.. "Storage charge" your cells.. And after its done charging.. Check it..

If it did balance the cells out.. They are all the same (+/- 0.01)

I was doing LiPo Charge. Run them down and then charge them again. With this recent reading, I'm changing the way I do it to - run them down, storage charge and before I go run them down again, run a LiPo charge.

Sounds like you need some fresh batteries to go with the new charger.

Yeah man. It's probably best to start fresh. I'm thinking getting a 2s for backyard bashing and a 3s for when I go to the park. I'll probably dispose of my batts by putting them in one of those bins they have at Bestbuy for recycling electronics. Let them sort it out lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back