ARRMA 6s options for (WIDER) Wheel Hex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARRMA-GET’M

Reaction score
Hello veteran and new comers.. I have titled this post to be easily found so I’ll get to the point. I’m using Hobao +4mm wheel hex for my rear wheels in order to bring out the rear wheels to sit more flush with the Protoform 1:7 scale Skyline body, as the rear quarter panels are quite wide. Everything worked out fine, but the reason I am seeking other options for (+4mm wide) wheel hex is because the Hobao brand ones I have are NOT locking huts. Even though the stock ARRMA nuts are locking nuts, I cannot use them because they are different pitch threads. This means my rear wheels come loose ALL the time unless I use lots of Teflon tape on the threads which still is not as reliable. This leads to wheel imbalance because of the torsion it takes to “secure” the wheel from coming loose due to not having a locking nut with the grooves that assures the nut bites into the plastic without over tightening. Anyone who has ever used other brands of +4mm wheel hex that come with a locking nut, or knows where to find locking nuts that fit the Hobao thread pitch, please share and help cause🫵😁👍.. I tried searching previous posts regarding the same problem but I might be the first so here we are 😎. BTW happy Father’s Day to the dads out there🙏

Check out M2C racing. They have some 5mm with serrations.
This has been the only option I can find for Arrma 6s. I think there is some on ebay but they don't look right and I saw a comment about them needing a spacer to keep the bearing on. I have the m2c extenders on 2 Kratons and a Oucast all 6s. I thought Hot Racing would make them but I can't find them if they do.

It’s the limitless felony infraction platform.
the felony comes with wider rear axles, the other not. that's why i'm asking.

anyway if you have the limitless or infraction, then you can make the rear 3mm wider on each side by using the wider rear axles, which also need to be matched with the wider hexes

the felony comes with wider rear axles, the other not. that's why i'm asking.

anyway if you have the limitless or infraction, then you can make the rear 3mm wider on each side by using the wider rear axles, which also need to be matched with the wider hexes
….. no actually the felony and infraction are the same. It’s only the rear wheels that are wider. As for longer axles, that would be the limitless V2 which has longer axles and hex hubs.
I’ve got Kyosho +11mm hubs on my Mojave. I’ll see if I can find a part number.

These are what I have:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/383654437365
+11 is too large
I need +4mm
I need +4 mm hex, that is 4 mm extra than stock. So the total width is a 9 mm hex. +10 +11 would be a 15mm hex hub. This is for a skyline body, it’s not an off road vehicle.
Check out M2C racing. They have some 5mm with serrations.
The stock hex hub and hex nuts are also 5 mm and they are also serrated. I’m not sure exactly what the thread pitch for the Hobao Wheel Hex is, but it is not the same as the Arrma one. So I am not able to use the arrma Wheel Hex on the Hobao Hex hub. and like I said the hex nut that goes with a Hobao Wheel Hex is not serrated. That’s the problem.

Last edited:
I need +4mm
This has been the only option I can find for Arrma 6s. I think there is some on ebay but they don't look right and I saw a comment about them needing a spacer to keep the bearing on. I have the m2c extenders on 2 Kratons and a Oucast all 6s. I thought Hot Racing would make them but I can't find them if they do.
yea I first had bought the HR hex which looked like my best option at the time but they were too long/wide… I might just score the backs of the plain Hobao nuts and see what I can come up with 😒
Alright man here it is…. ARRMA 6s blx vehicles are 1.0mm thread hex hub…. The Hobao +4mm hex are a thread pitch of 1.25mm…. Case in point, I just need any serrated 17mm hex nut with a 1.25mm thread pitch and it will fit the Hobao hex hubs I’m useing… like these here.. these will NOT fit stock ARRMA, this is for Hobao.

IMG_5026.png

Last edited:
IMG_5027.png

These did not exist at the time I purchased the Hobao wheel hex… But a different manufacturer is making titanium ones now so🤷‍♂️

….. no actually the felony and infraction are the same. It’s only the rear wheels that are wider. As for longer axles, that would be the limitless V2 which has longer axles and hex hubs.
The exploaded view states otherwise:
Infraction.png
Felony.png

But regardless, wouldnt the +3mm bring you close enough?

View attachment 307167View attachment 307166

I never was aware of that so thanks, so bcs I have both the felony & limit, I compared the two hex hubs and I learned the difference with the felony hex is less than 1mm in thread diameter and less than 1mm in the thickness of the hex hub. The length is equal with both. Now this is where things get weird 🤔.. the Hobao nut will not fit on either threads on the felon nor limit, but the hex nut from the felony fits on the Hobao hex threads and also on the stock limit hex threads🤔.. then, the stock limit hex nut also fits on the felony’s hex thread but not on the Hobao hex hub threads.
Basically speaking.., both the limitless and felony hex nuts are interchangeable with one another BUT…. ONLY the felony’s hex nuts will also work on the Hobao hex thread pitch.

So thank you for that🙏🫵.. even though I eventually found some nuts that will fit the Hobao situation, I would have never known the felony had slightly different hex hubs! Even though they aren’t nearly as thick as +4mm it still helped me find a solution and educate myself, thanks❗

IMG_5069.jpeg

IMG_5067.jpeg

IMG_5068.jpeg

mmm, Wait. that's weird. none of the hexes you photographed are the ones i alluded to in my Felony exploaded view. all i see in your photos are the "normal" 0mm ones (which are used on the Felony front only) and the +1mm ones (that are used on the v2 limitless front and rear), but not what the exploaded view shows that is used on the Felony rears.. which looks like this. You see there's more distance between the hub and the pin? it matches the longer axle.
IMG_0291.jpeg

View attachment 307167View attachment 307166

mmm, Wait. that's weird. none of the hexes you photographed are the ones i alluded to in my Felony exploaded view. all i see in your photos are the "normal" 0mm ones (which are used on the Felony front only) and the +1mm ones (that are used on the v2 limitless front and rear), but not what the exploaded view shows that is used on the Felony rears.. which looks like this. You see there's more distance between the hub and the pin? it matches the longer axle.
View attachment 307451
Okay these photos are more solid confirmation than my personal rc cars bcs this is Jenny RC web sight. But let me ask, what vehicle is that and are those the hubs that came with it? Lastly, are those bearings regular or are they sealed with a red shield?

phonto.jpeg

Last edited:
I admin i'm now confused. On Arrma's site, both the limitless and the Felony shows that they use the +3mm axels/hubs on the rear, and normal at the front, yet in your hex and both on Jennty's photo, it seems like you have normal hex on all 4 corners... so they might planned to do it on the felony but the cars that arrma actually ships comes with normal hex?

My photograph is from my Talion, which comes with +3 on all corners. same as with the Fireteam btw. i didnt change it that how it comes.

and my bearings are the stock rubber sealed in black, not red.

I admin i'm now confused. On Arrma's site, both the limitless and the Felony shows that they use the +3mm axels/hubs on the rear, and normal at the front, yet in your hex and both on Jennty's photo, it seems like you have normal hex on all 4 corners... so they might planned to do it on the felony but the cars that arrma actually ships comes with normal hex?

My photograph is from my Talion, which comes with +3 on all corners. same as with the Fireteam btw. i didnt change it that how it comes.

and my bearings are the stock rubber sealed in black, not red.
Okay bcs sealed bearings is what they put in the bashers, limitless is non sealed. So maybe the reason you saw ARRMA was perhaps changing something on the Felony “could be” because of the whole rear wheel offset and they might be loosing sales bcs if it being most ppl need symmetrical front and rear tires for stability and tire rotation. So maybe idk but if so, they might be altering something on the Felony in order to use even wheels all around and still fill in the rear quarter panels properly. Idk but it’s all interesting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back