Gorgon Arrma Gorgon Wing Mount (Typhon 3S) Please Help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzle

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Typhon 3S and the Arrma Gorgon?

It looks like the wing mount would work if you removed the rear bumper from the Gorgon. Could someone try this? I think you could even use the rear body post from the 3S Typhon as well. Thank you!

IMG_5092.jpeg

IMG_5091.png

Try it. But we pretry much know they will make new vehicles for the platform
The body mounts fit from the 3s lineup and it appears the Typhon wing mount is close. Are you able to try it to see if it will work?

Does anyone have the Typhon 3S and the Arrma Gorgon?

It looks like the wing mount would work if you removed the rear bumper from the Gorgon. Could someone try this? I think you could even use the rear body post from the 3S Typhon as well. Thank you!

View attachment 329788

View attachment 329789

From the look of how the Gorgon's body post holes ,they line up exactly to the top of the rear shock tower...
Which will prevent you from using/mounting the Typhon wing mount.. Unfortunately.

Unless you end up trimming off a majority of the two knubs/lobes off the upper portion of the mount.

Those two knubs are meant to go over and down onto the recessed section of the body posts off Typhon ( Granite, Big Rock, or Senton 3S) to lock onto the shock tower.

IMG_20231102_190707601.jpg

IMG_20231102_190652715~2.jpg

IMG_20231102_190615080~2.jpg

Recessed / Lower body post holes than the Gorgon's.

I’m not seeing what your saying… If the 3S Typhon rear body mounts fit directly on the Gorgon (confirmed) then it appears that the wing would mount right up including the body post and then the Typhon body would fit directly on as well.

IMG_5095.jpeg

IMG_5093.jpeg

IMG_5092.jpeg

I’m not seeing what your saying… If the 3S Typhon rear body mounts fit directly on the Gorgon (confirmed) then it appears that the wing would mount right up including the body post and then the Typhon body would fit directly on as well.

View attachment 329868

View attachment 329869

View attachment 329870

I'm basing it on your photo that you provided..
(I don't have a Gorgon in hand to show better angles..)

Look closely >>
IMG_5092~2.jpeg

The body post holes are flush with the top of the shock tower on the Gorgon.

IMG_5095~2.jpeg

See the Typhon wing mount "knubs" actually goes over the top of the shock tower AND then DOWN ;by at least 8-10mm to the Post holes.. on a Typhon (or Granite, BR or Senton)

So unless the Gorgon has that dip also, I think you're going to have to cut the mount or cut down the post holes on the Gorgon chassis to make it fit correctly.

That's what I was saying in the original post.

Last edited:
I'm basing it on your photo that you provided..
(I don't have a Gorgon in hand to show better angles..)

Look closely >>
View attachment 329872
The body post holes are flush with the top of the shock tower on the Gorgon.

View attachment 329873

See the Typhon wing mount "knubs" actually goes over the top of the shock tower AND then DOWN ;by at least 8-10mm to the Post holes.. on a Typhon (or Granite, BR or Senton)

So unless the Gorgon has that dip also, I think you're going to have to cut the mount or cut down the post holes on the Gorgon chassis to make it fit correctly.

That's what I was saying in the original post.
So the wing mount would sit higher above the shock tower but it would have plenty of clearance. You insert the Typhon 3S body posts and the post leaves a nub sticking out of the top and that’s what the wing mount mounts on to. There should be plenty of room. Thank you for checking this out for me! Hopefully someone can answer who has the Typhon 3S and Gorgon or I’m going to order the parts and try for myself 😂

So the wing mount would sit higher above the shock tower but it would have plenty of clearance. You insert the Typhon 3S body posts and the post leaves a nub sticking out of the top and that’s what the wing mount mounts on to. There should be plenty of room. Thank you for checking this out for me! Hopefully someone can answer who has the Typhon 3S and Gorgon or I’m going to order the parts and try for myself 😂

That's only a part of the mounting arrangement..
You will need to also screw down- the lower section of the wing mount to the face of the shock tower to Fully secure the unit.***
Otherwise your wing and its mount will snap right off at your first tumble. 🤕😲🙈
😫
Just giving you a courtesy heads up.

But, you can Definitely get the parts and try it out..
Report back and let us see/know how it mounts up.👍

Which will NOT reach the correct holes locations since it's now sitting so high up on the tower..

That's only a part of the mounting arrangement..
You will need to also screw down- the lower section of the wing mount to the face of the shock tower to Fully secure the unit.***
Otherwise your wing and its mount will snap right off at your first tumble. 🤕😲🙈
😫
Just giving you a courtesy heads up.

But, you can Definitely get the parts and try it out..
Report back and let us see/know how it mounts up.👍

Which will NOT reach the correct holes locations since it's now sitting so high up on the tower..
If it needs to be lowered in order to meet the correct holes/location for the other screws to mount into the bumper location then I could possibly dremel the body post holes down on the Gorgon. The body posts are quite long when they go down into the holes on the Gorgon there should be plenty of depth if I need to lower them.
Gorgon post holes

Attachments

• IMG_5112.jpeg
    IMG_5112.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 28
If it needs to be lowered in order to meet the correct holes/location for the other screws to mount into the bumper location then I could possibly dremel the body post holes down on the Gorgon. The body posts are quite long when they go down into the holes on the Gorgon there should be plenty of depth if I need to lower them.
Gorgon post holes

Good luck.

Keep us posted! 👊

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back