Kraton Arrma Kraton 6S BLX BEC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcoloaded10

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Recently I bought a Kraton 6S and the seller was using it on 3S for some reason. It came with 2 3S Traxxas batteries. I notice the BEC had wiring cut. It only had 1 Traxxas plug, which I replace with 2 EC5 12AWG. I then tested the car and with 2 3S batteries it had an odd behavior, it would cut power sometimes and I had only steering, i would turn off and on and it would be "ok" for some minutes, it would "bug" down like it was only with 50% power. The batteries were charged and sometimes the car would run perfectly fine, very fast. The question is could it be the lack of BEC that is making this weird behavior?

Thank you all!!

IMG20240219162953.jpg

There are a couple things going on here, none of them are the BEC. The extra wire on the battery cable is for the IC5 signal cable for the battery telemetry. It's not needed to run the ESC and only works with Spektrum Smart batteries. This was probably cut when the plug was switched to TRX.

Your esc is shutting off because it's hitting low voltage cutoff. If your packs are fully charged, they are bad batteries and cannot be used with your car. You should look at CNHL or SMC packs for a 6s off road 1/8 scale truck. I've run Zeee in my 6s arrmas and it doesn't cut it. The half power is low voltage cutoff, the no power and only steering is the ESC failing startup due to insufficient power or being such low voltage that it cuts power entirely.

If your BEC was cut, the red wire going from the ESC to the Receiver would be cut. The receiver would then need some other power source like a 2s Lipo or LifePo or Nimh pack, or an external BEC wired onto the battery leads and plugging into the receiver.

Sounds like you thought you were getting a deal with "free" Lipos when you essentially became a free disposal for lithium polymer.

The last thing you want to do is purchase or accept used cell packs. Nothing but potential fire hazards.

There are a couple things going on here, none of them are the BEC. The extra wire on the battery cable is for the IC5 signal cable for the battery telemetry. It's not needed to run the ESC and only works with Spektrum Smart batteries. This was probably cut when the plug was switched to TRX.

Your esc is shutting off because it's hitting low voltage cutoff. If your packs are fully charged, they are bad batteries and cannot be used with your car. You should look at CNHL or SMC packs for a 6s off road 1/8 scale truck. I've run Zeee in my 6s arrmas and it doesn't cut it. The half power is low voltage cutoff, the no power and only steering is the ESC failing startup due to insufficient power or being such low voltage that it cuts power entirely.

If your BEC was cut, the red wire going from the ESC to the Receiver would be cut. The receiver would then need some other power source like a 2s Lipo or LifePo or Nimh pack, or an external BEC wired onto the battery leads and plugging into the receiver.
It makes sense. Is it normal that the car was running well after some use off the batteries? Shouldn´t it be after some use? I tried other batteries that I use on my vorteks and those couldnt make the car run well. I guess I will buy new batteries. I saw the "Zeee" you recommend was from aliexpress,are you talking about those?
Thank you!

Sounds like you thought you were getting a deal with "free" Lipos when you essentially became a free disposal for lithium polymer.

The last thing you want to do is purchase or accept used cell packs. Nothing but potential fire hazards.
the deal was good, cant complain but I see your point. thank you!

It makes sense. Is it normal that the car was running well after some use off the batteries? Shouldn´t it be after some use? I tried other batteries that I use on my vorteks and those couldnt make the car run well. I guess I will buy new batteries. I saw the "Zeee" you recommend was from aliexpress,are you talking about those?
Thank you!

the deal was good, cant complain but I see your point. thank you!
Zeee is available on Aliexpress or Amazon, but my favorite price to performance batteries are CNHL. www.chinahobbyline.com has good deals on pretty strong packs. For 6s car you will want CNHL Racing either dual 3s or single 6s pack at least 5000mah and 90C. Others around here have had good results with the G+ packs but I have not tried those ones. Avoid the packs below 50C as those are mainly for planes or helicopters.

Zeee is available on Aliexpress or Amazon, but my favorite price to performance batteries are CNHL. www.chinahobbyline.com has good deals on pretty strong packs. For 6s car you will want CNHL Racing either dual 3s or single 6s pack at least 5000mah and 90C. Others around here have had good results with the G+ packs but I have not tried those ones. Avoid the packs below 50C as those are mainly for planes or helicopters.
It has nothing to do with the facty that the connector is 12awg and not 10awg, correct? Thank you for the advise, I will buy and test to see. thank you!!

It has nothing to do with the facty that the connector is 12awg and not 10awg, correct? Thank you for the advise, I will buy and test to see. thank you!!
12 AWG is not ideal for the amperage you will see on this truck and it would be better to replace with 10AWG, but I doubt it would have so much resistance to hit low voltage cutoff that quickly unless that wire was too hot to touch.

12 AWG is not ideal for the amperage you will see on this truck and it would be better to replace with 10AWG, but I doubt it would have so much resistance to hit low voltage cutoff that quickly unless that wire was too hot to touch.
i will switch it, I was looking for the g+plus batteries but couldnt find one above 70C, is the CNHL Racing Series 6600mAh 11.1V 3S 120C a good choice?
thank you!

i will switch it, I was looking for the g+plus batteries but couldnt find one above 70C, is the CNHL Racing Series 6600mAh 11.1V 3S 120C a good choice?
thank you!
Yeah I have two of those packs and they are great. Stacking two of them should fit in the Kraton but you will need to pop the back out of the battery tray sliding lid piece probably.

Yeah I have two of those packs and they are great. Stacking two of them should fit in the Kraton but you will need to pop the back out of the battery tray sliding lid piece probably.
Thank you so much for your help. I was also thinking about a charger "Spektrum S155 G2 1x55W", should I buy this one or do you recommend another one? (I don't own specktrum batteries)
Thank you again!

Thank you so much for your help. I was also thinking about a charger "Spektrum S155 G2 1x55W", should I buy this one or do you recommend another one? (I don't own specktrum batteries)
Thank you again!
For charger you will want something with 2 channels if you run 2 3s packs or you will be waiting quite a while for charging one at a time. The best bang for buck charger available right now is the gensacearespammers Imars D300, should be around 110 or 120 on Amain or Amazon. Amain has a 15% off coupon going right now NCF24 or NCF24A which will help bring it down around 100 I think.

For charger you will want something with 2 channels if you run 2 3s packs or you will be waiting quite a while for charging one at a time. The best bang for buck charger available right now is the gensacearespammers Imars D300, should be around 110 or 120 on Amain or Amazon. Amain has a 15% off coupon going right now NCF24 or NCF24A which will help bring it down around 100 I think.
Thank you so much for the help! I will give feedback once I make the purchase! Thank you again!

Back