Outcast AVC or No AVC that is the question ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Maiden run should hopefully be tomorrow ( weather pending ) ?

How's everyones setup with AVC.... on / off, low / high..??
I can't see having it on being an advantage in the Outcast to be honest, but only time will tell....

In my Infraction I just got rid of it altogether by replacing the receiver ?

It's ok having on but off is a bit more fun
Watch the c clip on the rear dif is all i can say. It's a pain in the you know what ?

Just saw your post on it..??

On the new radio can you turn it completely off..?? as I know on the Infraction it was a pain in the....

You can turn it down and it makes a difference. Drifting with it on on the stone's was great but with it off you could get a better drift going if that makes sense. My lad drove it with it on full and it was easy for him ?

I was using it to some degree for a while, maybe 2 out 10 if there is a scale. I’m running with it off now and yes it’s funner......seems to turn tighter as well. It’s not disabled at the RX, just dialed to zero with the knob on the TX.

Cheers,
kev

I don’t run avc on anything. Maybe a speed runner if I had one?
You could send me one of yours for a house warming gift???
Avc is not good for speed runs as it snakes badly at full pelt...at least on my vorteks on tarmac ....as soon as I turn it down it holds a lot better on a straight run.

haven't used AVC yet, but TSM during winter on snow/ice plowed parking lots is supernice (XMAXX and Stampede 4x4 vxl).
Set somewhere between 50-100%

AVC bashing is fun.... if set up right and tweaking all three AVC settings. However, yes it is not for everyone. Just a single AVC knob alone, no fun limited to all the settings.

What are the 3 settings on AVC compared to only turning knob?

Here is my DX5C

Stock your throttle is cut 50% and set to 50% when you turning L/R and no Priority control. With my Infraction when I drift and turn the wheel full L/R, I want full throttle and priority control I pick.

You get the Steering gain but your throttle is fixed. I can modify all 3 and the last with Priority I can set how much control or priority I have over AVC when I turn left/right. Mean how much AVC assist or do not want it to assist which is not steering gain that you only have.

Makes a huge difference over just the knob on the DX3 but I will admit it takes time to get the right mix for all 3 settings. Once dialed, it's a nice AVC experience over what most post when they do not take the time to dial it in or know about the 3 settings.

Just my $0.02 (y) in the end it is personal choice.

1695017570279.png
Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 1.23.40 AM.png

-
-
@cazrack

• STR GAIN - Steering gain tells the receiver how strongly to assist steering when the vehicle begins to spin out of control.
  • THR GAIN - Throttle gain manages how much the receiver can ease off the throttle when the vehicle begins to spin out of control.
    The default gain values in Spektrum transmitter AVC menus are set at 50. We recommend adjusting gain values 5 points at a time. Fine tune the settings with smaller increments as desired performance is achieved. Avoid large increases to steering gain values between tests.
  • WHAT IS PRIORITY?
    Priority tells the receiver how much you want to be able to override the electronic stability with your steering commands. A low priority means AVC will make steering corrections when you turn the wheel all the way. A high priority will reduce AVC the more you turn the wheel.
    The default priority value in Spektrum transmitter AVC menus is 100. This means when you turn the steering wheel to the limit, the gain is reduced to zero.

Last edited:
One of these dx5c is next on my list !!! I like using avc and coincidently I saw a video explaining the fine tuning of the avc last night whilst putting in my sr6200at into my k6s....

Is there no way to configure AVC on a RTR so for example it doesn't limit throttle performance?

Don't quote me on this but I think it's only configurable on the better transmitters ...think it's a ration you can share between throttle/steering etc

I need a Tx and Rx for my Limitless. Thinking about the Dx5c.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back