Outcast AVC or No AVC that is the question ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes..I bought a dx3 and receiver sr6200at for £70 as I just needed the receiver only and that was retailing quite high in comparison so I just bought the bundle from a seller on a ebay I use ...I don't think I'm gonna find a deal on a dx5c anytime soon though hahah

Is there no way to configure AVC on a RTR so for example it doesn't limit throttle performance?

You need a radio or transmitter that can do that. The receiver is not the issue it is the settings coming from the radio that is needed. All Spektrum AVC receivers have the 3 AVC settings.

I need a Tx and Rx for my Limitless. Thinking about the Dx5c.

As much as I LOVE my DX5C setup....I would advise pumping the brakes! @SrC and a few others have posted some good AVC options over Spektrum. I am deep in so I will not change over and I am comfortable with it. Spektrum stuff is TOO expensive.

Luckily for me, I got the DX5C here in the classified under $100 it was $85. I pick off AVC receivers from sellers here cheap I have spare SR6100, 6110, 6200 I bought them between $40-50 or cheaper with free shipping. I have enough for all my rigs and then some...even my Big Rock has AVC, Mad Van, etc.

There are other cheaper options so explore it more Spektrum stuff is too high! (y)

I did not know that when I began but again I did not pay Spektrum prices

Yes..I bought a dx3 and receiver sr6200at for £70 as I just needed the receiver only and that was retailing quite high in comparison so I just bought the bundle from a seller on a ebay I use ...I don't think I'm gonna find a deal on a dx5c anytime soon though hahah

Agree with your post... Every so often a DX5C is posted here for sale. Like above the receivers are expensive at retail price which is a real killer for Spektrum.

You need a radio or transmitter that can do that. The receiver is not the issue it is the settings coming from the radio that is needed. All Spektrum AVC receivers have the 3 AVC settings.

As much as I LOVE my DX5C setup....I would advise pumping the brakes! @SrC and a few others have posted some good AVC options over Spektrum. I am deep in so I will not change over and I am comfortable with it. Spektrum stuff is TOO expensive.

Luckily for me, I got the DX5C here in the classified under $100 it was $85. I pick off AVC receivers from sellers here cheap I have spare SR6100, 6110, 6200 I bought them between $40-50 or cheaper with free shipping. I have enough for all my rigs and then some...even my Big Rock has AVC, Mad Van, etc.

There are other cheaper options so explore it more Spektrum stuff is too high! (y)

Agree with your post... Every so often a DX5C is posted here for sale. Like above the receivers are expensive at retail price which is a real killer for Spektrum.
What other receivers have avc or tx's? Do they perform better ?

+1

Yeah.... DX5C's are usually posted for sale because many don't want them anymore as upgrade radios. The Spektrum Smart Features don't entice me FWIW. And additional Spektrum Rx's are costly. I also still run a DX5C with some of my rigs, only because have many Spektrum Tx's already invested. I don't run Spektrum AVC receivers anymore however, or just disable the AVC feature altogether. Didn't like them. Tempermental and finicky, Steering oscillating violently at times. Quite bad for speedrunning. NG. And AVC Throttle limiting/Gain and Prioity settings are horrible to deal with. Been there also. Throttle AVC messed up my speed runs passes no matter how my Gain and Priority settings were set to. (n)
I suggest an $80 Radiolink RC6GS radio/Rx. RC4GS even is like $20. less. Just has 2 less channels. Same perfrmance and the Radio range is great for Speed running as well. The main reason I got it, for my Limitless and I needed long range. The Radiolinks have a St. gyro built into the Rx. No Throttle stability Traction control to deal with. And Radiolink Rx's are not costly, as you add more models to this Radio.
One other good option if range is not an issue for you with the DX5C, is to just completely disable the AVC feature of your AVC Rx during a fresh re-Bind per the Spektrum manual., and buy/use a universal standalone Steering Gyro add on. SkyRC makes them. I run 2 of these. Work great with my Noble NB4 and all other radio sets here. I find the best setting for most any ST gyro is a very Low Gain setting. Less than 10% usually. Very little Gain is needed to work properly. Gyro performance always varies with different brand and model Servo's, along with what chosen BEC voltage they run at.
>>>Always mount a gyro/gyro Rx firmly taped/afixed inside the Rx box, before binding it. The rig must be perfectly still on a level surface when powering on the ESC every time before running it. So the Gyro calibrates correctly during start up. Many don't do this, and have Gyro issues simply for this reason alone.
>>>
Say for instance, you are accustomed to Powering on the ESC while holding it, or it's not level and on the ground.
We Commonly are used to doing this with Models that are not Gyro equipped.

https://www.skyrc.com/Accessory/GC401Gyro

Edited.

Last edited:
Well its gonna be interesting to compare AVC to TSM and see if I need to purchase the dx5c or something to tune it during during winter.

the vendetta and newer 3s models have a avc knob on the TX.

I just turned AVC off at the receiver and re-binded at 5.5ms frame rate. Wow! What a difference! I always binded it at 11ms because I thought I wanted AVC and Telemetry. Not anymore lol. Now I need to do this to all my rigs.

To each their own, if you like it great! So far I’ve turned it off on my Limitless 8S and Losi DBLXE and I just feel I’m in control more and it will make me a better driver on my own. It seems way more responsive too. I don’t know if that’s because AVC is off at the receiver or because I binded it at 5.5ms instead of the 11ms+ that is required for AVC and telemetry. Maybe both? The 5.5ms frame rate only allows 2 channels (not including fans, lights, etc) which is fine for my rigs.

I just turned AVC off at the receiver and re-binded at 5.5ms frame rate. Wow! What a difference! I always binded it at 11ms because I thought I wanted AVC and Telemetry. Not anymore lol. Now I need to do this to all my rigs.
What does the timing actually do ?

Maiden run should hopefully be tomorrow ( weather pending ) ?

How's everyones setup with AVC.... on / off, low / high..??
I can't see having it on being an advantage in the Outcast to be honest, but only time will tell....

In my Infraction I just got rid of it altogether by replacing the receiver ?
Not rc if your not totally in control. Like never removing your training wheels. Want other guys to make fun of you cause your mommy's boy .

What does the timing actually do ?
From my understanding it’s just the response rate. For example when you turn the right, the time it takes for the receiver to send the signal to servo to turn right. But like I said I was running AVC before, so I am not exactly sure if binding at 5.5ms or turning AVC off made it more responsive. But I do know I love it lol.

From my understanding it’s just the response rate. For example when you turn the right, the time it takes for the receiver to send the signal to servo to turn right. But like I said I was running AVC before, so I am not exactly sure if binding at 5.5ms or turning AVC off made it more responsive. But I do know I love it lol.
I think it might be the response time for the motor not the servo I did some reading after reading your post.!

I think it might be the response time for the motor not the servo I did some reading after reading your post.!
Well I just saw in the manual you have to have a digital servo to run the 5.5ms frame rate so I didn’t know for sure. It’s snappier response all around though. Steering and throttle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back