Axial scx10 ii axle issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashTillBroken

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Coming around to lap you AGAIN….. (Oregon)
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Senton 3s
Got a new axle for my axial scx10 ii and the axle is missing the parts that are molded on the stock case any thoughts
image.jpg

My SCX10-II axle housings are different than yours. Mine have the mounts separate and I just swapped those onto the aluminum ones.

20180215_173711.jpg
20180409_213351.jpg

mine are from the raw builders kit do they use different ones? And can I buy the parts separate
I think so I can't remember off the top of my head as I build it 5 years ago. I would have to look.

There was 2 versions of the AR44 axle for the SCX10.2, they started with what @slick2500 has, where the center axle housing can be used front or rear, depending if you mount c-hubs or the bearing holder on the sides.

They then moved to the "single piece" design later on which has those pieces integrated into the axle housing, so it's 2 different parts now. I Iike the single piece design better as it's simpler, but both are interchangeable, the mounting locations are the same and also they use the same internals.

Your metal axle is the older design, so if you want to use it on the front you need to add both the c-hubs and the link mounts from the modular version, but they should fit fine.

Link mounts: https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-ar44-diff-cover-link-mounts-black-axi31437/p661356
C-hubs: https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-ar44-steering-knuckle-carriers-axi31382/p510549

Does the AR44 use the same C-hubs as the AR60? I'm sitting on an aluminum set for my SMT10 that I ended up not using. (y)
IMG_3001.jpeg

Last edited:
That would make sense, it's my fault for not doing research. I think the AR60 is an older design as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back