Kraton Belted trenchers 3.8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ39

Reaction score
Ok silly question but I'll ask anyways

Do belted tires last longer or less than non belted?

The primary benefit of belted tires is that they don't balloon up at high wheel speeds. So I suppose on average they would last longer due to less likelihood of them blowing out.

If blowouts aren't an issue for you then it's completely dependent on how soft the rubber compound is. Softer rubber = more grip, shorter wear life. Harder rubber, less grip, longer life.

The primary benefit of belted tires is that they don't balloon up at high wheel speeds. So I suppose on average they would last longer due to less likelihood of them blowing out.

If blowouts aren't an issue for you then it's completely dependent on how soft the rubber compound is. Softer rubber = more grip, shorter wear life. Harder rubber, less grip, longer life.
Yeah thanks man .. I want them because I am not a fan of ballooning.. was just wondering if there is any other justification for the price

If you are mainly having just the front wheels balloon out, try going with thicker fluid in the center diff. One thing to consider with belted tires is that they will typically weigh more and have a greater potential for heat issues with your motor/esc. Unsprung rotating mass has a much greater impact than static sprung mass. Physics 101.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back