Notorious best affordable stainless screw kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talionation83

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Fazon
  4. Granite
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Talion
  12. Vorteks
who makes the best affordable screw kit that doesn't rust like these.

348356275_6320449708016622_4878362498777046476_n.jpg

If you are absolutely adamant about running softer stainless steel hardware over the stock 12.9 grade black oxide hardened steel then your best bet is going to be Team KNK https://teamknkhardware.com/arrma/787-278-pcs-arrma-talion-typhon-senton-kraton.html

You have to pick your poison, do you want screws that don't rust but strip and bend super easy or would you rather deal with rust and have screws that don't strip or bend if you look at them wrong?

RC Skews.

Said no one ever. They use the lowest grade of stainless steel possible, they do not include enough of some sizes but give you extras of other sizes and even give you sizes that you do not need.

1) The word "best" is relative, and subject to one's opinion.
2) I, as many others here, would not recommend stainless steel fasteners. In the end, you do what you wish, but I foresee future posts such as, "I stripped/broke a stainless steel screw. Help me remove it... PLEASE!!"

1) The word "best" is relative, and subject to one's opinion.
2) I, as many others here, would not recommend stainless steel fasteners. In the end, you do what you wish, but I foresee future posts such as, "I stripped/broke a stainless steel screw. Help me remove it... PLEASE!!"

I'm not going to lie I use a few here and there, like on my rx box and on the side guards, if it is anything that goes into metal or holds a load oh hell no, black oxide 12.9 only.

I'm not going to lie I use a few here and there, like on my rx box and on the side guards, if it is anything that goes into metal or holds a load oh hell no, black oxide 12.9 only.
Yes, same here as I think it's fair to say that we're all guilty of liking the "look" of SS. But never in high-stress areas... and definitely not in the drivetrain.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back