Best Charger for 6s Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only 400mA balance current... no bueno.

.....and any good charger needs a power supply- especially when playing with 6S. It's not complicated.

Videos like this are exactly why companies can sell a charger on a paper spec that people don't understand.

Only 400mA balance current... no bueno.

.....and any good charger needs a power supply- especially when playing with 6S. It's not complicated.

Videos like this are exactly why companies can sell a charger on a paper spec that people don't understand.
Does that mean it takes forever to balance?
Whats a good balance current to have?

I don't know any charger that will do the charging specs this will at this price point and this simple, it charges just fine, you obviously have a better setup that most people will never consider buying.

Discharging does take alot longer than charging because it caps out at 1.4a discharge draw but that's why if my batteries are full I throw them back in my car and run it more.

If you balance charge your batteries every time then balancing isn't an issue

Does that mean it takes forever to balance?
Whats a good balance current to have?

Yes- exactly. The several minutes at the end that everything is getting smoothed out.

The charger this guy is pushing has 400 mA - .4 amp

I use the Hota / HobbyMate D6 which has 1600 mA - or 1.6 amp

Did you seriously just say this? Please stop- people might actually listen to you.

I will balance to storage at the end of my day. When I charge, I balance charge at 2c - which gets to the balance phase in about 10-15 minutes. The balance will often take another 10-15 minutes. This was one of those stats I didn't know about when I bought my charger, so mine balances slow-ish. Better than some, but not great.

Yes- exactly. The several minutes at the end that everything is getting smoothed out.

The charger this guy is pushing has 400 mA - .4 amp

I use the Hota / HobbyMate D6 which has 1600 mA - or 1.6 amp

Did you seriously just say this? Please stop- people might actually listen to you.

Dude first off don't be rude, engage in intelligent conversation without being mean

Second I don't know everything and will gladly and respectfully look into what your saying which I just looked at the charger you linked and if umm reading it correctly it will charge 325w per channel at 15a max which is better than the charger I linked.

If it does this with internal power supply then it's definitely a better choice than what im using for the same price.

So in the end please clarify that this doesn't require a power supply and if it does please show us what a good unit is.

Also my batteries are always within .02 volts variance and take very little time to balance. I do believe that proper balance maintenance is important.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back