Best large 15t servo for Sbr?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
So I got a super baja Rey 1.0 recently. Least to say the servo sucks. What are some good reasonably priced upgrades? It would need to be 15t spline though and large to fit it as a true drop in. Thanks in advance!

Spektrum SPMSS6510 is a good servo and comes with great warranty. $100 new from Amazon.
Or $250 for AGFRC

The SBR uses a 1/6 scale servo and yes the stock servo totally sucks.

The servo that comes on the old Kraton 8S works much better and fits right in. Spektrum S905.

Otherwise Losi sells a 1/5 scale servo mount.

If it uses 1/6 like dure16 mentioned go with the S905.

Btw, you rather buy from Amazon for the same price and you will get the warranty with it also.

The SBR uses a 1/6 scale servo and yes the stock servo totally sucks.

The servo that comes on the old Kraton 8S works much better and fits right in. Spektrum S905.

Otherwise Losi sells a 1/5 scale servo mount.
Yeah need a "True large scale" Servo. The stockers are always subpar cheap stuff to keep the Profit Margin high.
They just place a cheapo servo in the model so it will drive.
So it can be called a RTR out the box.

Thanks for the info! Those are good points. Also, I can’t find it online anywhere. What bec does the super rock Rey and super Baja Rey run stock? I’m really debating on going a bit better with the primal Rc or maybe the spektrum cuz it’s cheaper. But I hear spektrum isn’t very reliable for servos. I’m not hard on my stuff though.

Thanks for the info! Those are good points. Also, I can’t find it online anywhere. What bec does the super rock Rey and super Baja Rey run stock? I’m really debating on going a bit better with the primal Rc or maybe the spektrum cuz it’s cheaper. But I hear spektrum isn’t very reliable for servos. I’m not hard on my stuff though.
You can choose 6.0V or 8.4V for BEC output. I think it can deliver 6A continuous but I’m not 100% sure.

You mentioned a Primal servo. If you’re thinking about the PM1373, heads up that it is not the fastest servo. There’s no way the advertised speed specs are correct. It is plenty strong and durable though.

Back