Kraton Best way to fix/repair leaking rear shock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mroneeyedboh

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I bought a used Kraton and one of the rear shocks are leaking. I don't know exactly why, but Im going to guess its leaking from bashing. Whats the best way to fix it? Do I need a new shock, or can I replace the shaft only ( its bent ) ? Do I need internals as well? Maybe there is an alternative? Thanks!

You can replace just the shaft. (y) I would definitely have new shock O-Ring seals on hand while you are at it. (y)

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/shock-shaft-4x73.5mm-2-6s/ARAC8987.html

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/o-ring-p-3-3.5x1.9mm-red-4/ARAC7451.html
Rebuild both rear shocks as pairs. At the very least rebuild the other one with the same Fresh oil used in the damaged one. So both shocks work identically.
If the old shock Oil appears really dark and dirty, consider replacing the oil in the Fronts as well. Shocks will feel like new again.
The 6s shocks are great shocks. And rarely break or leak for the most part. Short of serious damage. Just it is usually very hard to bend the 6s shafts. Crap happens.
You also need 1,000 CST (or 80 Weight) Shock oil for both the Front and Rear shocks. Buy 2 bottles to have on hand. These large 4 K6s shocks hold alot of oil. And there is usually some oil waste during the Bleed process when filling them. Normal.
Any brand oil is fine. Silicone Oil is all the same except for the different CST/Weight types. TA or Losi brands are my go to brands, FWIW. Easily found.
I suggest you Go to Arrma-Rc.com for the factory manual if you did not get one with yours. Will help with assembly and filling the shocks and other maintenance. etc. Where I got the info above.

>>>>I would look up Arrma type Shock rebuilding videos first, to help with Bleeding and Filling them correctly, not overfilling or underfilling them, if this is your first time. A slight learning curve to doing this. The most important aspect of shock rebuilds. Filling and bleeding is normally the time consuming part when done correctly. Can't rush that part, if you want well matched shocks in pairs.
Good luck. :cool:

Last edited:
You can replace just the shaft. (y) I would definitely have new shock O-Ring seals on hand while you are at it. (y)

Rebuild both rear shocks as pairs. At the very least rebuild the other one with the same Fresh oil used in the damaged one. So both shocks work identically.
If the old shock Oil appears really dark and dirty, consider replacing the oil in the Fronts as well. Shocks will feel like new again.
The 6s shocks are great shocks. And rarely break or leak for the most part. Short of serious damage. Just it is usually very hard to bend the 6s shafts. Crap happens.
You also need 1,000 CST (or 80 Weight) Shock oil for both the Front and Rear shocks. Buy 2 bottles to have on hand. These large 4 K6s shocks hold alot of oil. And there is usually some oil waste during the Bleed process when filling them. Normal.
Any brand oil is fine. Silicone Oil is all the same except for the different CST/Weight types. TA or Losi brands are my go to brands, FWIW. Easily found.
I suggest you Go to Arrma-Rc.com for the factory manual if you did not get one with yours. Will help with assembly and filling the shocks and other maintenance. etc. Where I got the info above.

>>>>I would look up Arrma type Shock rebuilding videos first, to help with Bleeding and Filling them correctly, not overfilling or underfilling them, if this is your first time. The most important aspect of shock rebuilds. Filling and bleeding is normally the time consuming part when done correctly. Can't rush that part, if you want well matched shocks in pairs.
Have plenty of paper towel or rags hand on hand, Can get messy!!

>>>>I would look up Arrma type Shock rebuilding videos first, to help with Bleeding and Filling them correctly, not overfilling or underfilling them, if this is your first time. A slight learning curve to doing this. The most important aspect of shock rebuilds. Filling and bleeding is normally the time consuming part when done correctly. Can't rush that part, if you want well matched shocks in pairs.
Thanks but this is the 8s forum! lol!! I know you're not an 1/5 scale guy :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back