Big Rock is ceramic coated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave1899

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Here's my Big Rock just finished ceramic coating it with NEXGEN ceramic spray and now I can handle it without leaving finger prints all over it!

Big Rock 002.jpg

Don't you drive it outdoors?🤷‍♂️
I just got it and had to get an EC5 to Deans connector to charge my batteries. Hobby shop was closed Sunday and today so I ordered from Amazon next day and got it this evening. So... tomorrow I should be able to get it dirty!

I just got it and had to get an EC5 to Deans connector to charge my batteries. Hobby shop was closed Sunday and today so I ordered from Amazon next day and got it this evening. So... tomorrow I should be able to get it dirty!
That's what I wanted to hear my man!!😁😉 My rigs have looked that clean EXACTLY one time- the day I bought it or the day I built it!😅

What Josh is trying to say is...." Your really scaring me with that clean rig..its not normal and why isn't it broken?"
Johnny b I have to admit this is the first Truck I've ever had that is 3s and that's what I'm going to start with so you might get your wish...but I hope not for a little while.😉

Johnny b I have to admit this is the first Truck I've ever had that is 3s and that's what I'm going to start with so you might get your wish...but I hope not for a little while.😉
Have 2...3s rigs also. You'll love it! Even my gf has her own typhon! Put tx on 50% first time out.

That's what I wanted to hear my man!!😁😉 My rigs have looked that clean EXACTLY one time- the day I bought it or the day I built it!😅
And that's the only time they were in one piece too! 🤣

Nice looking rig!! I remember when mine looked that clean 🤣
Thank you for your service @Dave1899!!!

What Josh is trying to say is...." Your really scaring me with that clean rig..its not normal and why isn't it broken?"
I guess I'm not the only one that loves a spotless rig .blame my OCD😆
I don't know why but when something is clean and mint looking I feel like I have something that's worth something..I still have a old nitro tmaxx and it's been in my basement full of dirt and it looks like crap probably full of cob webs cause I haven't touched it in over 8 years.i could care less for it .my kids destroyed it .then again it's just a Traxxas 🤣🤣 jk ik a lot of you like taxxas but just saying.things when they clean I tend to take better care of them like shelf queens..I suppose everyone to their own .depends on what you use your rig for.offroad isn't easy to allways keep clean but should be aware of dirt getting into the gearing.which is why I don't do off road..alot of maintenance comes with it .
Here's my Big Rock just finished ceramic coating it with NEXGEN ceramic spray and now I can handle it without leaving finger prints all over it!

View attachment 281735
Looks like a million dollar dream brotha👍😁 beeeeutiful 😍🥰

Last edited:
Worried about fingerprints??? What about the inevitable scratches? :unsure: No coating will help you there.
I guess she is a shelf queen? :cool:
I find that coatings don't last. A polish here and there to clean her up is ok once in a while if it matters. We all RC differently. Matte paints will get all dirty looking. Nothing to worry about. These are toys.
Its your pride and joy . I get it.
Now go bash her hard.:giggle: Then show us some Pix.;)

I confess that I tried Mothers Ceramic spray coating on a few of my bodies. Useless TBH. Great for the Pictures I guess.
I think it is best for my 1:1 Cars paint.:giggle:

A pro detailer is NOT using Nexgen Si02. This is consumer grade Si02 (ceramic). Well known. And not cheap. Honestly, this is the cheap stuff by comparison. I am an old school 100% Carnuaba guy. I had a successsful detailing business thru and after my College years. I did it on weekends by appt. I had my regular custs that wanted to drive their toys on the weekends. I got many referrals from an old Body Shop Job years prior. Only needed 4-5 jobs/cust on Sat and Sun. And I made a good weekly salary. It fit in with my College class schedule. I got my hands on some expensive Pro 6 oz. bottles of Si02. It is durable. But best if you start with a brand new finish IMHO. When it wears out it gets blotchy with old paint. The clear coat must be in good condition. Not worn thin. New Graphene nano coatings is starting to take over Si02.
I digress,
not to hijack this thread...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back