Big Rock HARD TO LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave1899

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I know you all want to see me bashing and breaking my new Big Rock but I can't leave well enough alone. I have watched many videos of weaknesses and upgrades for this Truck. I want to get to know her intimately so I've decided to give her some love before she's let out to play.

I'm starting by protecting her body from the harsh environment she'll be playing in. The first thing was to put a ceramic coating on that beautiful flat black body to help keeping her easy to clean up after a day of bashing. I have also order some things to help protect her when she flips and runs into hard objects. There will be some factory parts that are notorious for breaking replaced. Those will be replaced hopefully before they break but only the body will be protected before I take her out into the wild so we'll see what happens first.

Big Rock 002.jpg

Last edited:
.... I have also order some things to help protect her when she flips and runs into hard objects. There will be some factory parts that are notorious for breaking replaced. Those will be replaced hopefully before they break but only the body will be protected before I take her out into the wild so we'll see what happens first.

View attachment 282277

What did you get for the body protection from flips?

Okay guys here she is with all her armor almost ready to bash.
As you can see her body protection consists of from front to back:
1. Arrma Granite Front Bumper
2. Traxxas Maxx 4S Roof Skid Plate
3. Arrma Outcast 4S Rear Wing

I'm still waiting on some Fender Washers to finish securing the
Roof skid Plate. Hopefully they will be here Wednesday. Doing
the body I did get her a bit dirty so I gave her a rub down with
303 PROTECTANT WIPES and buffed her off with a micro fiber towel.

Big Rock 006.jpg
Big Rock 004.jpg
Big Rock 005.jpg
Big Rock 003.jpg
B R Body Protection.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know how you can be SO patient man!! You're making me anxious wanting to see that thing rip!!!🤣
I'll give you a hint. In 1974 I started working in a shop and up above the door was a sign that said "Why isn't there enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over". Those were some words of wisdom that stuck with me throughout my career. Besides I have a couple other RC's to play with until this one is ready! 😉

IMG_0583.jpg

I'll give you a hint. In 1974 I started working in a shop and up above the door was a sign that said "Why isn't there enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over". Those were some words of wisdom that stuck with me throughout my career. Besides I have a couple other RC's to play with until this one is ready! 😉

View attachment 283638
Well those both look like they just came outta the box too!! 😅 Just kidding man, I can't ever seem to get & keep my rigs that clean for very long- my newest one is, but it's only been on the ground once to take some glamor shots 🤷‍♂️😂

Well those both look like they just came outta the box too!! 😅 Just kidding man, I can't ever seem to get & keep my rigs that clean for very long- my newest one is, but it's only been on the ground once to take some glamor shots 🤷‍♂️😂
I may be a little ADD about cleaning my stuff before I put it up. No I just like to do it. For me it's just part of the hobby. Like "Wash it when you're through".😁

I know you all want to see me bashing and breaking my new Big Rock but I can't leave well enough alone. I have watched many videos of weaknesses and upgrades for this Truck. I want to get to know her intimately so I've decided to give her some love before she's let out to play.

I'm starting by protecting her body from the harsh environment she'll be playing in. The first thing was to put a ceramic coating on that beautiful flat black body to help keeping her easy to clean up after a day of bashing. I have also order some things to help protect her when she flips and runs into hard objects. There will be some factory parts that are notorious for breaking replaced. Those will be replaced hopefully before they break but only the body will be protected before I take her out into the wild so we'll see what happens first.

View attachment 282277
Looking sweet!

"Why isn't there enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over".
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back