Big Rock Big rock loses throttle when trying to climb slowly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigben.51

Reaction score
Hi everyone - Just got my new Big Rock blx v3 a few weeks ago. Everything is great except I’ve noticed this odd behaviour.

If I apply the throttle (gently) while restricting the forward movement of the car (eg. by holding the back wheels), the car’s forward and reverse functions stop working. Steering still works. I found that when I turn the car off and back on again, the car functions normally.

Happened a second time when my son said he tried to drive up over a curb from a stand still. He wasn’t gunning it by any means. Just slowly applying the throttle.

Is this some sort of safety feature that kicks in if the car encounters an immovable object?

Otherwise the car works fine. Good acceleration, jumps fine etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Only solution is to drop in a new ESC. The stock ESCs are notorious for little to no torque from a standstill/very low speed & cogging.

Only solution is to drop in a new ESC. The stock ESCs are notorious for little to no torque from a standstill/very low speed & cogging.
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated and damn that sucks I just got it today so I'd figured it'd take a couple days before doing something like that

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated and damn that sucks I just got it today so I'd figured it'd take a couple days before doing something like that
Happy to help. Some people get used to it or just deal with it. Personally it drove me crazy. I wouldnt run a Spektrum 3S ESC in any of my rigs, as it really only happens with the 3S ESCs. Check out some Hobbywing ESCs if you don't wanna break the bank. Best of luck to ya 🍻

Happy to help. Some people get used to it or just deal with it. Personally it drove me crazy. I wouldnt run a Spektrum 3S ESC in any of my rigs, as it really only happens with the 3S ESCs. Check out some Hobbywing ESCs if you don't wanna break the bank. Best of luck to ya 🍻
Sounds like a plan, thanks again🍻

Back