Big Rock Big Rock...Pretty Sure it Hates Me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterlong75

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I think the Big Rock has developed some jealously issues with it's siblings (Sketer & Rival MT10) that are being taken out on me.

Last bash session I ran a full pack through the Sketer with zero issues. Got the BR out and within 30 seconds a front tire & axle removes itself at full speed. Quick fix and we're back at it!

A few minutes into the run the pinion set screw called it quits (yes, I had threadlock on it). Quick fix and we're back at it!

Within two minutes I hear the dreaded clicking sound of a input gear that shed a few teeth.

I rage quit, put the still nearly fully charged battery in the Sketer for some some uneventful bashing.

Sometimes this rig is hard to love!

I turned my Senton, converted Big ROck, now a custom buggy, into a 2s basher. I rarely have issues with it now. On 3s, between the power module, axles, and plastic gears, it wreaks havoc.

They for sure make you work for their affection.

That said, when you get a good relationship going, it can be a pretty sweet deal.

When i swapped to a new chassis a while back (crack the old one jumping 25ft in the air at the skate park.... :cool: ) i saw that the front diff input gear looked like it was barely holding on. But that was a while back and nothing's broke yet. So i'm just waiting for the ticking time bomb!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back