Big Rock Big Rock servo/steering issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gergal

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
New to hobby, having elementary issues (I assume) with the servo. Any servo I install seems to act the same way. I double checked my steering end points, re-binded the receiver, trim is set to center.....and so on.

The servos seem to have a mind of their own. Upon start up II steer it left seems ok, I steer it right seems ok, but only for the first 2 turns. Then the servo starts going wacky and doing whatever it wants while never being centered again. and straining itself. Its not doing what its told in other words.

Is the servo your replacing stock with the same servo or a upgraded one? is the voltage of the new one the same as stock and or have you checked to make sure the new servo doesn't need more voltage? some ESC's the voltage output for the servo can be changed, some can't.
if your trying to run a servo that needs 7.4v at 6v could have some issues or the other way around if the new servo is only rated 6v and the esc puts out 7.4 it could/would burn it up..
Now i guess your on the bench testing it to find out these issues? otherwise your not 100 foot away and its a range issue with the radio system itself.

Sorry just trying to cover the basics.

FYI I don't have a big rock but these are just basic stuff.

New to hobby, having elementary issues (I assume) with the servo. Any servo I install seems to act the same way. I double checked my steering end points, re-binded the receiver, trim is set to center.....and so on.

The servos seem to have a mind of their own. Upon start up II steer it left seems ok, I steer it right seems ok, but only for the first 2 turns. Then the servo starts going wacky and doing whatever it wants while never being centered again. and straining itself. Its not doing what its told in other words.

Hello.
Welcome to AF.

What brands/models of servos are you using? How many have you tried so far, two? three? more?
Take some photos of your setup and servos ,so we are all seeing what you're seeing.

Once we see exactly what you have ,we can better diagnose the symptoms.

If all the servo tried are good, have you looked at the servo saver? There is some history and posts here with those failing on the 3S.

I had the same problem with my big rock. It just would not center consistently and also sometimes wouldn't turn at times. Changed the servo but found it wasn't that. It was the servo saver that was bad, some teeth were worn out where it connects to the servo and would slip resetting center off. Arrma has a red one and black one depending on your version get the same one. The tooth count is different on each.

The stock servo on the v3 blx 4x4 BR is pure garbage.prematurely they fail..but I'm a little stunned by you saying that (no matter what servo you install it continues to do the same ..) assuming your installing the servo correctly in the receiver and that they are the right kind then it's obviously your servo is not the issue. Let's say you tryed 3 servos and they all act the same well unless they were all the same brand and made exactly the same time I'd say there was a bad batch by manufacturing.but I doubt that's the case..let's go back some more..receiver / transmitter.. possible connection error..I beleive your problem is either your transmitter or the receiver..maybey the antenna.check your wiring make sure nothing is crimpt up.make sure it's all plugged and tight..let us when you check that out..it's all I can think of
The stock servo on the v3 blx 4x4 BR is pure garbage.prematurely they fail..but I'm a little stunned by you saying that (no matter what servo you install it continues to do the same ..) assuming your installing the servo correctly in the receiver and that they are the right kind then it's obviously your servo is not the issue. Let's say you tryed 3 servos and they all act the same well unless they were all the same brand and made exactly the same time I'd say there was a bad batch by manufacturing.but I doubt that's the case..let's go back some more..receiver / transmitter.. possible connection error..I beleive your problem is either your transmitter or the receiver..maybey the antenna.check your wiring make sure nothing is crimpt up.make sure it's all plugged and tight..let us when you check that out..it's all I can think of
Did you run this truck through water? Possible humidity bin the receiver box..look for that.if so dry it out then try again

I replaced my stock servo with eBay red 25kg special.awesome little servo does the job well and replaced my stock saver and linkage . running sweet .no issues.

IMG_20220825_201649894.jpg

IMG_20220724_225826176.jpg

IMG_20220825_201649894.jpg

IMG_20220724_225826176.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back