Big Rock Big rock turnbuckles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmer101

Reaction score
So today I updated servo working fine plus sent my end points but as with my old servo I notice can turns one way more than the other );

I have a feeling the turn buckles may not both be exactly the same length for the L and R sides.

Could this be my problem ?

Thank you so much !
Simon

So today I updated servo working fine plus sent my end points but as with my old servo I notice can turns one way more than the other );

I have a feeling the turn buckles may not both be exactly the same length for the L and R sides.

Could this be my problem ?

Thank you so much !
Simon
It could possible be but you would have to have those turnbuckles waaay out of adjustment. (One steering tie rod way shorter than the other)

More likely the servo horn is not centered on the servo.

With the servo centered and neutral point on the remote set to the middle I would make sure your servo saver is installed centered (or very close) at that point.

Please note: On many RC's they are able to turn slightly more one way than the other. Just the geometry of the steering rack.

Sounds like for you since you just updated the servo you may need to move the servo saver a "tooth" over.

Don't forget to recheck end points after centering.

It could possible be but you would have to have those turnbuckles waaay out of adjustment. (One steering tie rod way shorter than the other)

With the servo centered and neutral point on the remote set to the middle I would make sure your servo saver is installed centered (or very close) at that point.

Please note: On many RC's they are able to turn slightly more one way than the other. Just the geometry of the steering rack.

Sounds like for you since you just updated the servo you may need to move the servo saver a "tooth" over.

Appreciate the advice I really do ..

Here is a vid with the crappy range of movement

I did line up the servo horn against the arrow. Stupid thing lol

You don't really line the servo horn up to any arrow. Center the servo before it's even installed in the RC.

Turn the radio/TX on. Set the steering trim to center. Turn the RC on. Let the servo center itself. THEN attach the servo horn as best you can to center. Once everything is buttoned up, you use the trim to dial in your steering. If that makes sense. Trying to find a video.

You don't really line the servo horn up to any arrow. Center the servo before it's even installed in the RC.

Turn the radio/TX on. Set the steering trim to center. Turn the RC on. Let the servo center itself. THEN attach the servo horn as best you can to center. Once everything is buttoned up, you use the trim to dial in your steering. If that makes sense. Trying to find a video.
This +1

The video doesn't seem half bad.

I would also make sure your steering tie rods (left and right) are relatively close to the same before beginning (in case they were adjusted before). This would be a good time to adjust your toe in/out to your liking.

Also check out the manual for the SLT3, it does have some programming to adjust end points (in addition to the steering trim knob). Maybe it needs to redone.

What kind of servo did you get? Degrees?

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...lt/dw83be92cc/Manuals/SPMSLT300-manual-en.pdf

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back