Senton Body painted Trailboss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastMann40

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 6s
11-19-23

I have looked at a few older posts about Senton 3's body alternatives, and I recently purchased the Proline Silverado Trailboss body. I have prepped, painted, and drilled the holes for the body mounts, and I am in the middle of putting decals as well as body skid parts on. The stock front and rear bumper don't seem to fit right, so I am asking if there is an alternative to a bumper to fit.
The body sits high, and I am adjusting that. The tires don't match, and I am working on that as well. The stock bumper doesn't look right, and I need suggestions. Also, this was my first body painting experience, so it's not as good as I saw in my mind, so it goes easy on me in constructive criticism.😉👍🏼 Pictures are from start to 3/4 done. I am still working on the body ride height.

11-20-23
I just did a few rips and wrecked it. The body front bumper cracked.😢😳😭 and I know I forgot to rough up the body before paint as some parts of the paint have flaked off. It was fun while it lasted. Back to the creativeness and patience.....and more 💰😒😢

20231109_145526.jpg

20231109_145546.jpg

20231118_111257.jpg

20231118_111249.jpg

20231120_064535.jpg

20231115_180646.jpg

20231120_064449.jpg

20231120_064501.jpg

20231120_064526.jpg

20231109_083139.jpg

20231109_083117.jpg

20231109_083101.jpg

Tex, I think I posted in the wrong section, as you see, this is a repost from yesterday, just with the updated maiden voyage.

Putting aftermarket short course truck bodies on rigs can be tricky. For example, the body you bought states that its for several rigs including the Senton. However, they list the wheelbase as 13.0 & width at 11.5 inches inches. Specs for the Senton say 12.87 inch wheelbase & 12.01 width.
Not a big difference but it will show up more with short course trucks than monster trucks because the tires need to fit centered in the wheel cutouts to look right & minimize rubbing when the tires balloon at higher throttle.
Creative trimming of the wheel cutouts is the only way to minimize the effect of these differences in measurements. That and finding bodies with the closest measurements to your specific short course truck are the key to the best end result.

Putting aftermarket short course truck bodies on rigs can be tricky. For example, the body you bought states that its for several rigs including the Senton. However, they list the wheelbase as 13.0 & width at 11.5 inches inches. Specs for the Senton say 12.87 inch wheelbase & 12.01 width.
Not a big difference but it will show up more with short course trucks than monster trucks because the tires need to fit centered in the wheel cutouts to look right & minimize rubbing when the tires balloon at higher throttle.
Creative trimming of the wheel cutouts is the only way to minimize the effect of these differences in measurements. That and finding bodies with the closest measurements to your specific short course truck are the key to the best end result.
Yeah, the tires don't balloon much, but I am having issues clearing the bumpers. I think Tex mentioned buying the Kraton xl chassis so that the tires sit better along with Mojave bumpers. I found on another older posts on an older post the rear tailgate was cut so that it fit around the stock Senton bumper setup.

I found this on an older post about strengthening the body with this--->
https://rcbodyarmor.com/shop/ols/products/dragon-skin-body-backer.
This woven product that will help strengthen the body. Finding a body aside from stock has proven difficult. Do you know if manufacturers sell stock clear shells that are not factory painted?

I trimmed where it was rubbing, tweaked it a bit, but I think I'll be starting fresh again soon. Not the best for my first, probably not the worst, definitely a learning curve. I think I was too worried about ruining the body.

20231120_094030.jpg

20231120_094048.jpg

20231120_094059.jpg

I like it! Now go forth and continue destroying it. 😊 You can always have your next body for shelf queen use if you want, and use this one for bashing. That’s what I do with my Mojave. That rig is rougher on bodies that any of my others by a long shot. I guess it’s just the whole SCT thing. 🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back