Kraton Battery Tray Options for K8S EXB?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I_Am_Doug

Hold thy mead. I am on the cusp of making history.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
Has anyone swapped out the stock battery trays for something a little more battery friendly? I have a few different matched sets of lipos and changing the length of the tray is a real pain in the a$$. Especially going from my 8400 SMC hard case to my gensacearespammers 11000 hard case. Those batteries are HUGE. Maybe the answer is I stick with one size after those big bricks die. 🤣

Hey @Tex Koder, want to collaborate and design one?

Side note: SMC Batteries are pretty stellar if you didn’t know that already.

Thanks friends!

Has anyone swapped out the stock battery trays for something a little more battery friendly? I have a few different matched sets of lipos and changing the length of the tray is a real pain in the a$$. Especially going from my 8400 SMC hard case to my gensacearespammers 11000 hard case. Those batteries are HUGE. Maybe the answer is I stick with one size after those big bricks die. 🤣

Thanks friends!

Okay.
Post some pics..
If you have some measurements -ruler next to the chassis & parts (in mm), give me some references.

Let's get together -PM me- and see how we can make this happen.

Last edited:
Okay.
Post some pics..
If you have some measurements ruler next to the chassis & parts (in mm), give me some references.

Let's get together -PM me- and see how we can make this happen.
You got it sir. Let me gather that info and get back to you tomorrow. Much appreciate your help! 🥹

I'm in on this, I need some bigger battery trays for my Outcast, maybe this will help?
https://www.printables.com/model/787315-extended-battery-tray-for-arrma-outcast-8s

Thanks friends!
That's exactly what I'm doing, I've got some 9700mah SMC bricks to run in the Outcast, they're ridiculously big lol

Last edited:
Alright, took a bit but here we go:

The biggest battery I use is a gens-ace-r-spam 11000mah @ 54mm x 52mm x 178mm
The smallest is an SMC 8400mah Hardcase @ 48mm x 47mm x 139mm

I am envisioning a tray with a lever lock on one side that, when opened, allows the tray to slide longer or shorter per battery used. The trick is making such a mechanism work AND stay together during a hard bash session. Perhaps a mix of aluminum lever and slide with composite material around the battery itself? My main concerns are durability and protecting the battery from punctures or damage.

If anyone here has any suggestions, please feel free to add.

Alright, took a bit but here we go:

The biggest battery I use is a gens-ace-r-spam 11000mah @ 54mm x 52mm x 178mm
The smallest is an SMC 8400mah Hardcase @ 48mm x 47mm x 139mm

I am envisioning a tray with a lever lock on one side that, when opened, allows the tray to slide longer or shorter per battery used. The trick is making such a mechanism work AND stay together during a hard bash session. Perhaps a mix of aluminum lever and slide with composite material around the battery itself? My main concerns are durability and protecting the battery from punctures or damage.

If anyone here has any suggestions, please feel free to add.
I am fairly certain that the stock Kraton rear tray paired with the front tray I designed delivers exactly what you want.

Im not sure. Forgive me if I’m not seeing the full picture. Do these slide further than the stock when the screws are loosened? I am mainly trying to get away from having to unscrew two screws, move, slide for size, and reattach, rinse, repeat.

Im not sure. Forgive me if I’m not seeing the full picture. Do these slide further than the stock when the screws are loosened? I am mainly trying to get away from having to unscrew two screws, move, slide for size, and reattach, rinse, repeat.
Well you're asking for alot more than a simple 3d printed battery tray then... loosening 2 screws, sliding a battery tray, and then tightening them back down, takes all of 20 seconds, not really worth the trouble and time of reinventing something that already works in my opinion, but to each his own

No, the trays I designed don’t slide. You would still use the same screws to adjust the rear tray.

Well you're asking for alot more than a simple 3d printed battery tray then... loosening 2 screws, sliding a battery tray, and then tightening them back down, takes all of 20 seconds, not really worth the trouble and time of reinventing something that already works in my opinion, but to each his own
Thank you, I appreciate your input.
This might be a big endeavor for some and seem like a waste of time but, I have limited mobility with my hands due to significant injury. So, if extra work means being able to enjoy my hobby more easily and less painfully, I am willing to put in the work for a good reward.

Thank you, I appreciate your input.
This might be a big endeavor for some and seem like a waste of time but, I have limited mobility with my hands due to significant injury. So, if extra work means being able to enjoy my hobby more easily and less painfully, I am willing to put in the work for a good reward.
I wonder if trays from a Limitless could be made to fit. They can fit long batteries and also have a slider built into the Velcro action.

Edit: To clarify, I'm talking about trays from a Limitless V1, which are also the same as Infraction V2 and Felony. However, Limitless V2 trays would be too small.

Last edited:
I wonder if trays from a Limitless could be made to fit. They can fit long batteries and also have a slider built into the Velcro action.
There's slots on top of the stock trays for a third long strap, could keep the slider loose enough to adjust. I don't need to use the 3D printed ones right now, but I do like they have room to safely tuck the wires. ;)

Back