Broken wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldgoat

Reaction score
Went out to a track tonight to play around. I had Duratrax lock up st on it. After a couple jumps I noticed a wobble. Checked it out and found the wheel to be bent. After a little more running a different tire went flying through the air. Looking at it the hub ripped from the wheel.
I guess my question is, are there better wheels to put the tires on?

Went out to a track tonight to play around. I had Duratrax lock up st on it. After a couple jumps I noticed a wobble. Checked it out and found the wheel to be bent. After a little more running a different tire went flying through the air. Looking at it the hub ripped from the wheel.

Good question. It makes you wonder when Rich Duperdash and RC Dude81, and others send their rigs to the moon and back. I do not see them saying too much about broken Backflip LPs or the larger Backflips (not saying it does not happen, but rare call-out). Rich has run some of the Proline with the aluminum center hub, I believe.

Yes, there are better wheel sets seen on YT videos that survive. A list I would not know, but some others here can speak from experience.

Best of luck with a new wheel pick (y)

I was just thinking about this. Lately I've seen people complain about broken proline rims. I haven't personally had any issue with arrma tires/rims.

I don't bash crazy though

never broke a arrma rim in six years broke a team corally xtr one though of the spokes was missing

When I was looking at the Duratrax I only found a couple people that had problems with rims. After watching how people really send it I figured a couple complaints isn’t bad. Well I didn’t send it and I have 1 really bent hub and 1 that broke out. Disappointed!

What model? Arrma? Specifically.
There are so many tire choices out there. Finding the right ones for your driving style and model matters. If you are diffing out constantly, the tire Ballooning will rip apart tires for the most part.
MethodRc Tires is worth trying, depending what you are looking for. They come belted.
Always check new tires before running them. Adding CA around the bead areas as needed before its first run. Factory Gluing is usually very poor. I also Balance every tire I use. This also helps much and makes it drive and steer nicer. Just add more CA as the rubber pulls out after each bashing. Can't ignore this. It is shown in the Arrma manuals.
Some ideas.:cool:

Last edited:
Does anyone have recommendations on wheels that I can put those tires on?
They are lockups 2.8 from Duratrax. Any hex size but 17 I think would be best

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back