C lipo per Typhon 6s v4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laguna182

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
good evening everyone.
As i already said in the presentation, I am awaiting the delivery of a used typhon 6s v4 version esc.blx150 (the engine is a spektrum but I don't know the details)... on the 4s or 6s question I have read dozens of opinions and I understand that the 6s is good for pure speed while 4s for handling and lightness.

Having said that, my questions are: is it better to use 2x2s or a single 4s lipo? (same goes if I wanted to use 6s 2x3s)…

Is the C that important? there are 50-80-100-120 (5000/5200mah) lastly there is a graphene 150c 5200mah...does it make sense to go that high?..a 150c changes a lot compared to an 80c? (taking into account that the graphene ones are a little more delicate)

obviously throughout this discussion I have already taken into account the size of the 158x48x51 battery compartment!!

These are the ones I can find easily at low prices :

-YOWOO 3S 150C 5000mAh Graphene​

-Zeee 2S 80C 5200mAh​

-Zeee 2S 100C 5200mAh​

advice and opinions?
grazie
ps: As soon as the baby arrives I'll show us the photos

Last edited:
2 vs 1 battery is really a matter of preference. With 2 batteries if one dies you always have something to run in a smaller car with 1 battery you have a lot less wiring and 2 less plugs if you rewire the esc.

C rates are literally a can of worms that I am not going to open in this as that is literally an entire thread in and of itself so I'll just link you this https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/c-rates-what-is-the-deal.17174/ there is a lot of information to go through in there but it is really worth it to go through.

I would avoid the cheap Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress, Banggood or whatever cheap lipos you see. Look at brands like CNHL, Liperior, Gens Tattu, SMC Racing or even Turnigy.

Unless you plan on running or already own 2s rigs then I would go straight to stacking a pair of 3s batteries. If you want to be conservative run it on a single 4s brick. I always run my 6s rigs on 6s and 8s on 8s. Keep up the maintenance and you'll be good. I really like my cnhl 6600 mah 120c for 3s or 6s! Bought off Amazon for assurance, in case you get a bad battery (it's happened to me), was an easy replacement.

Back