Typhon can't get it to go straight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put the Servox 2290sg in, put the hot racing servo horn/saver (bought new one), i don’t know that the tie rods are equal… I’ll check that.
I did run it a bit last night, and it was better, but still pulling quite a bit - even with constant adjusting of the adjustment dial. I gotta get a video of it, maybe this weekend.

Peyronie's Disease?
Pretty sure that’s what Louis the XVI had…sounds awful.
I put the Servox 2290sg in, put the hot racing servo horn/saver (bought new one), i don’t know that the tie rods are equal… I’ll check that.
I did run it a bit last night, and it was better, but still pulling quite a bit - even with constant adjusting of the adjustment dial. I gotta get a video of it, maybe this weekend.
Did you check everything else out as many suggested? Wheelbearings, driveshafts, and hub carriers… did you re-calibrate steering? When you pulled apart the front end did you pull the steering assembly and make sure it’s clean and not sticking?

Sometimes if there’s a persistent issue it’s best to just start over from scratch basically. I have pulled entire cars apart to fix minor things because it drove me nuts.

Last edited:
Since I bought my typhon 3s, the steering nob was factory set around the 3oclock position. Over the last few months I've tried various things...

HR Bell Crank
DSServo 25kg
HR Server Saver
Arrma CNC Steel Diffs (10k cSt according to arrma website)
Different Tires
HR 17mm 10mm offsets
CVD Slider Shafts
RPM A-Arms
Typhon 6s Shocks

Titanium Rods (was bending the steel OEM ones)
Replaced the chassis (a veer off to the side and hit a concrete planter - broke lots of stuff)
Spektrum 130a ESC/Motor combo (up from the 100blx OEM)
(probably more)

I still can't seem to get the car to go straight. I give it throttle and it either drifts slightly to one side or the other or it goes way off. I've tried re-centering the steering config, re-attaching the servo saver.

I'm not sure where to go from here, even after re-centering the steering/re-attaching the saver I still had to put the ST rate on the transmitter back to the 3oclock position (not sure what that's about).

Just got a camber checker, and saw one of the from wheels was a -10 and the other was -5, I just reset them all (front and back) to -5. But I don't think that's going to affect steering much.
If you have a gryo it might be backwards.

From the last entry of by build log
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/jerolds-limitless-build.49292/
Super Power Steering
The only real problem I found (and band-aided) was the steering. It was like super power steering. If I turn right it would totally hook a right or the same on the left. Basically it was undriveable. I couldn't find anything mechanically wrong, then I remembered that I turned on the gryo right before the tear down. I bench tested it and it was correct. But when I put it back together the receiver location is different which swapped the gyro. Which means if I turn right it "thinks" I skidding left and turns into (right) the skid. - Super Power Steering.​

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back