SOLD / FOUND Castle Creations XLX2/1100kv with B Link

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt05

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
New warranty replacement xlx2, Barely used 1100kv and Bluetooth B-link. Looking to get $500 shipped in the lower 48.

Oh, I have a pps switch mount I will also throw in with it.

765B4131-E136-4548-AACA-FA548BAAC51D.jpeg

40D5D796-7E53-408B-8205-368EFD14A3B7.jpeg

Still in the car but give me a second.
61ABB2B3-1070-4CE0-B4AD-E5E5877C986E.jpeg

D7DE6B03-0487-46C1-99BD-F4694AEE6498.jpeg

Last edited:
Negative, I was wondering if the motor slide screws turning color was a side effect of the fire? The motor looking kind of orange I think is from the bad lighting in my work area, I just ran down and took the pictures quick. Looking at the pictures now it really makes it look like a piece of junk, haha. I’ll get it in better lighting and take better pictures.

I can assure everyone, I don’t run any of my stuff if it has even rained in the last 12 hours.

The screws that are holding the Pps slide in look to have rust on them. I did not mean the motor was rusty.. sorry, I should have said “looks like those screws are rusty” also, sorry to the OP, this wasn’t my intent.
Don't be sorry, you're right... the slide bolts are rusty, the cap head bolts that hold the front end plate on the motor are rusty, the center driveshaft is solid rust, and I see multiple other rusty bolts.. at bare minimum this should be heavily discounted, and definitely not advertised as "barely used"

Here is photos from June 5, 2022. Next time it was ran was July 4th, 2022. Ran it in my back yard for approximately 3-5 minutes and the xlx2 went up in smoke.

E1B1B254-EC6F-48FC-86C3-5F67D7B66C03.png

38BBBC44-5D7F-48EC-990B-81D198D4C0A7.png

Don't be sorry, you're right... the slide bolts are rusty, the cap head bolts that hold the front end plate on the motor are rusty, the center driveshaft is solid rust, and I see multiple other rusty bolts.. at bare minimum this should be heavily discounted, and definitely not advertised as "barely used"
I don't run my stuff after rain either.... but I recently had a fire as well.... so it would definitely cause that look... I'm pretty sure that @Matt05 wouldn't lie.......

20220808_180907.jpg

20220808_180913.jpg

I don't run my stuff after rain either.... but I recently had a fire as well.... so it would definitely cause that look... I'm pretty sure that @Matt05 wouldn't lie.......

View attachment 234782

View attachment 234783

Thank you. I have no interest in trying to get rich ripping people off on stupid stuff like this.

I also have no problem with @Rcproponent. Honest observations.

That being said, I’m going to just keep it. If I replace it with a Hobbywing, I’ll stick it in a box and forget about it.

Thank you. I have no interest in trying to get rich ripping people off on stupid stuff like this.

I also have no problem with @Rcproponent. Honest observations.

That being said, I’m going to just keep it. If I replace it with a Hobbywing, I’ll stick it in a box and forget about it.
What kv hobbywing. I might have one.

I missed the part where the xlx2 blew up. 🤦🏻‍♂️ The smoke from these small electronics can be severely corrosive. That completely explains it, the photos from June are a clear testament to that.

Not to pick sides, but in high humidity areas (e.g. South Florida) even stainless steel rusts in the garage on its own. That does not mean heavy use. However, I do agree that the heat from electric fire escalates the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back