Outcast Center diff bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A arrma heat sink is needed for this Thermal pad, the clamping heatsink will not work. Just a natural thing the center diff getting hot🥵

The motor on the 4s v2.5 outcast is a smooth can
Even then I would try a heatsinkless setup.

I run a 50mm fan om my 36** motor:
20231027_112109.jpg

Na I didn't, I just made sure the screw that makes the heatsink clamp down on the motor was tight. Do you have a paste or pad you recommend?
Thermal pads work. I use a super hi temp grease bearing grease for cars in between the motor and heatsink and it works fine for temps under 200 degrees, any higher and it will degrade and run off. Thermal pads and thermal grease for computer CPUs can withstand a lot higher temps. Your dual rocket fans should be keeping it cool. Also, maybe try ceramic bearings for the motor shaft.

17150905395543702821835281209550.jpg
I ran the crap out of my outcast 4s v2 on a almost 80 degree day on 4s. Just to test and the motor never went over 100 degrees. It should of hit 120 to 130 ripping around for 10 minutes. Definitely helps!

More metal touching the center diff for heat dissipation if you get a metal center driveshaft. I have a metal mwb hot racing center driveshaft and I run a 8400mah 120c battery and the highest temp I have seen was 175 degrees yesterday with only one rocket fan. The battery lasts me over an hour with just jumping off my ramp and turning around to do it again. It is a little heavy and it makes the most heat. I also have a couple 5200mah 150c batteries and the punch is incredible on those and I get about 40min with those.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPYNCH3H?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_96&product_id=778

Given how cheap the thermal pads are I'll get it a try, I've wasted more on less in my time 😂
For what 12$. Make something to force the heatsink open but not get in the way of the motor sliding in. I put the pad in the heatsind after wiping down with alcohol. The pad stays in place ok. Have fun it's tricky. I some how managed to not rip either pad in the process.

The dual 30's definitely helped but mine will still get up to 150+ using a temp gun to check it. I used old window metal screen on mine with hot glue since it will flex, seals it off, and isn't permanent if I need to remove it
I have the oktays bumper center driveshaft I really like it. I ordered ceramic bearings for the center diff. I'm also going to go back through the front and rear diffs and see if I find anything else trashed. Definitely going to give the thermal pad a go

1000003401.jpg

More metal touching the center diff for heat dissipation if you get a metal center driveshaft. I have a metal mwb hot racing center driveshaft and I run a 8400mah 120c battery and the highest temp I have seen was 175 degrees yesterday with only one rocket fan. The battery lasts me over an hour with just jumping off my ramp and turning around to do it again. It is a little heavy and it makes the most heat. I also have a couple 5200mah 150c batteries and the punch is incredible on those and I get about 40min with those.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPYNCH3H?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_96&product_id=778
SMC’s have some kick to them!

Does anyone else with a v2.5 rig have the center diff bearings on the outsides of the housing go out? (15x21x4mm) My truck eats them. It is on its 4th set now. I guess due to heat but I'm not sure. Seriously debating a set of the ceramic bearings for it. Also no matter torque, loctite, etc the spur gear screws do not stay tight holding it to the center diff housing which let's the spur gear have a little bit of play
Yep. The factory bearing lasted around 2 months of bashing (not every day and nothing super extreme). Replaced both of them (15x21x4mm).
Some of the bearing balls were absolutely destroyed.

1715284899928.jpeg

Yep. The factory bearing lasted around 2 months of bashing (not every day and nothing super extreme). Replaced both of them (15x21x4mm).
Some of the bearing balls were absolutely destroyed.

View attachment 365540
Dangit man! Thankfully I've caught mine before they grenaded

Back