Outcast Center diff bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup between heatsink and motor. Make something to force the heatsink open.1/8" should do it. Then clean heatsink with rubing achool,carefully place the cut to size pad in the heatsink, it should stay in place. Slide your motor in correct place and pull what you made to force heatsink open. That easy🫣🙄😬
AS EASY AS MAKING CHICKEN WINGS🙃😉

Yep. The factory bearing lasted around 2 months of bashing (not every day and nothing super extreme). Replaced both of them (15x21x4mm).
Some of the bearing balls were absolutely destroyed.

View attachment 365540
The cheaper the bearing the bigger the difference in the size of the ball bearings #3 and below causing the bigger size to take a beating get scratched bad and disingrate. The better the bearing #3 and higher(ceramic) the ball bearings are all closer in size making them last longer. Almost the middle of page two there is a picture of motor and heatsink with a thermal pad.

Last edited:
The thermal pad was delivered yesterday evening and I removed it from the package to check it out, that little pad has got some weight to it. I was pretty surprised
Weird stuff, and will rip very easy. Once under the heatsink on the motor it seems can't get damaged. Heatsink will even move no problem but not freely.

Main reason I ordered the trb ones is due to being hybrids so I can put the metal shield side towards the diff and the rubber side face the outside

This all started because the slipper clutch and a 6s system was just too much work, so I decided to change it to the V2.5 center differential it appears that it’s just as much of a pain in the ass as a slipper. Hopefully these bearings will help sort that out a little bit, I’ve never had a problem with anything overheating other than the new center differential. I changed the fluid out to 500 K. I’m thinking about going to 1 million.

Avid and trb are both have great bearing and good prices. Avid had the same. Acer is expensive did the other side have metal shield or rubber seal didn't say. You are right metal is needed for the inside and rubber sealed on outside.

This all started because the slipper clutch and a 6s system was just too much work, so I decided to change it to the V2.5 center differential it appears that it’s just as much of a pain in the ass as a slipper. Hopefully these bearings will help sort that out a little bit, I’ve never had a problem with anything overheating other than the new center differential. I changed the fluid out to 500 K. I’m thinking about going to 1 million.
Ahhhh I got ya. I'm running 500k in the center of mine also. I would think the thicker the fluid and the more lock up would generate more heat but I could be wrong on that

One of those damed if you do upgrade damed if you don't 🤷🤦‍♂️

It does drive better with the center differential and 500 K. I noticed that it turns in a lot better than it did with the slipper. My biggest issue with the k4 is that it has never really turned well part of the problem is the front end is always in the air. I wonder if they make cutting breaks like I had in an old Volkswagen beetle Baja

Back