Outcast Center diff bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does drive better with the center differential and 500 K. I noticed that it turns in a lot better than it did with the slipper. My biggest issue with the k4 is that it has never really turned well part of the problem is the front end is always in the air. I wonder if they make cutting breaks like I had in an old Volkswagen beetle Baja
That'd be a good request to arrma 😂

It does drive better with the center differential and 500 K. I noticed that it turns in a lot better than it did with the slipper. My biggest issue with the k4 is that it has never really turned well part of the problem is the front end is always in the air. I wonder if they make cutting breaks like I had in an old Volkswagen beetle Baja
With thinner center diff oil you will keep the front wheels down and it helps entering a turn. Going thicker will make it act more like a slipper clutch.

When it had thinner oil, it got way too hot. I was thinking the thicker the oil the cooler or the better it would handle the heat.

Waiting on a shipment once it comes in. I plan on changing it out and I’ll let everybody know. I need a better way to take the temperature of the diff. my heat gun directly on the center Diff would be great. Definitely something I want to keep an eye on. hardened steel spur gear came in a couple days ago. I got two of them for $23. I also installed new bearings and it drives real smooth and doesn’t make any screaming noises like it before..

Waiting on a shipment once it comes in. I plan on changing it out and I’ll let everybody know. I need a better way to take the temperature of the diff. my heat gun directly on the center Diff would be great. Definitely something I want to keep an eye on. hardened steel spur gear came in a couple days ago. I got two of them for $23. I also installed new bearings and it drives real smooth and doesn’t make any screaming noises like it before..
Roger that! Yea that would be ideal to actually be able to tell the temp of the center diff itself. I have one of those spur gears I'm going to install also. I'm going through bearings tonight or tomorrow myself

Do arrma sealed bearings even say what rating they are? Leaving me to think they are less than #3 rating. We all no their bears stink to begin with. This thread is a good heads up for all.

Last edited:
Thicker oil should keep the heat down. The internal gears will not be spinning as much. The thicker the less the diff will be working distributoring the power.

Can those that have the center diff,can you see the diff case threw those holes? I have the new chassi and slipper clutch. You might be able to get a temp reading threw that hole.

Last edited:
The thermal pad was delivered yesterday evening and I removed it from the package to check it out, that little pad has got some weight to it. I was pretty surprised

The thermal pad was delivered yesterday evening and I removed it from the package to check it out, that little pad has got some weight to it. I was pretty surprised
20240510_144022.jpg
I finally found it! I took the diff locker for my losi baja rey and ground it down to allow the motor to side into the heat sink. Open the heatsink at least 17mm to slide the motor in.

View attachment 365725I finally found it! I took the diff locker for my losi baja rey and ground it down to allow the motor to side into the heat sink. Open the heatsink at least 17mm to slide the motor in.
I have some internal snap ring pliers I'm going to bring home from work to hold the heat sink open while I install the pad, in theory it should work good 🤞🏻

What gearing is everybody running on the stock system? I ran a 15. It ran well but I had to pay attention to the heat never overheated. Just need to keep an eye on it.

If heat wasn’t an issue the 15t is where it’s at, on my stock or I should say some what stock K4v2, I run a 15t and I run the crap out of it and it never overheats. It Has to be some type of rolling resistance in order for 13t to overheat. I would think.

If heat wasn’t an issue the 15t is where it’s at, on my stock or I should say some what stock K4v2, I run a 15t and I run the crap out of it and it never overheats. It Has to be some type of rolling resistance in order for 13t to overheat. I would think.
Yea I'm with you it's just a matter of pinpointing it. Horizon suggested gearing it down to a 12t but I'm honestly not overly crazy about that idea and don't feel I should have to gear down from stock

The first mod I did to both rigs was to put a 15t on . Second mod was to upgrade to K6S shocks with stock springs from the K4sv2 I did eventually change to fire team front springs on the rear and thicker oil.

The first mod I did to both rigs was to put a 15t on . Second mod was to upgrade to K6S shocks with stock springs from the K4sv2 I did eventually change to fire team front springs on the rear and thicker oil.
I've left the shocks alone aside from going up on fluid weight and it feels pretty good for stock shocks

Mine were good until I built a ramp🤣

The 6S shock just gives you more adjustments to fine-tune things.

Plus the added weight of a chassis brace, metal axles and a 6S motor system.

I have some internal snap ring pliers I'm going to bring home from work to hold the heat sink open while I install the pad, in theory it should work good 🤞🏻
I'm sorry the losi diff locker is 17 mm. The opening needs to open about 5mm more to be able to slide the motor into the heatsink with the thermal pad in place.

I’m going to be running my OC4 with 1m

Sorry, I’m totally lost here. What does this do?
To be able to get a thermal pad in between your motor and heatsink. I used a diff locker from my losi baja rey I'm not using any more. Had to grind away metal off the diff locker so I could prop the opening on the bottom even more (5mm maybe) of the heatsink to be able to slide the motor in. My 2600kv hobbywing motor is running 20 to 30 degrees cooler.

Last edited:
Back