Centro 4s 7600mah 100c

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnsonaj

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
As above I have a pair of these batteries for my kraton 8s exb with a man 5 combo installed.

I purchased some voltz 4s 5000mah 50c batteries which have been very good, they charge and balance very easily and the car has good power and the run time was OK but not great.

Then the centro batteries came on the market and wanting a longer run time I purchased a pair.

After a very short time they started puffing up and didn't give the 8s the power it used to have or is capable of.

After a full charge the car wouldn't even have full throttle and it would go to reduced power as if the battery was run flat and the esc shut down.

I contacted the supplier and they sent them for testing, at this point they where 6 month old With maybe 15 cycles max.
They changed one of them under warranty but the second one they said was OK.

I checked the battery resistance and the cells where high and uneven compared to the new replacement.

I used the 2 batteries yesterday for the first time since they were sent and the old battery started to squeeze out of its case.
20211121_151010.jpg
20211121_151001.jpg

I'm not sure these batteries are fit for purpose as on the website it is recommended for the 8s kraton and Xmax, and after a very short period of time they have failed badly and could have caught fire and torched my 8s kraton.

I today contacted the supplier and they have refused to do anything about it which I am not too pleased about with the price of them at £180.

Meanwhile the older voltz batteries with many more charge and run cycles still work perfect and are still doing so.

Any views and opinions would be great on this situation as I'm a bit annoyed that a expensive battery has done this in comparison with cheaper ones that are still working fine.

Thanks in advance
Adam

Lipo's can be a mixed bag from my experience also. Price not matters in many cases. Both lipos should have been replaced, considering the high IR's of the one they chose not to replace.
7k Mah (4S) is the highest capacity I usually buy. Mostly around 5k -6k for my 6s setups.
Thanks for sharing.
I will skip Centro based on your exper.(y)

Like SrC said...
I've had the same issue. I initially bought some ZEE 50c's and liked them for the most part. Then I started going to the 100C+ batteries for my O8s, and dropped a load of cash on some power hobby 6000mah 120C's and they have been pure dog poop. Run hot as hell, always not totally balanced etc etc. They were not worth the money. I have some gensacearespammers 3s bashers that have held up on my 6s cars, then I went back to ZEEs. After watching a few videos, I found Hoovoo batteries. Got a few 4s 7200/100c hard cases for half what I got the Powerhobby for. Not a problem so far after 20 charge cycles.

Save your money and use this as a guide from now on https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons It's for this reason they do the testing in the first place; false promises for tons of money. A safe bet is always the Turnigy Graphene Panther 5000mAh. CNHL can be a very good value as well, and this time around I'd say their 6200mAh 90C is very good for an 8s Arrma. Their G+ 5000mAh 70C is also really good.

C rating is just marketing indeed.

Until this post i've never heard of centro before. That doesn't mean much other than it's not widely used.
What makes a brand good is their quality control & after sales. You certainly didn't get the value for your money.
I'd advise chnl as well. Good value and decent quality control (what makes after sales less necessary)

Many thanks for all your replies.
I'll look in to the brands of batteries that you have recommended and get some purchased.

And a lesson to be learnt, DO NOT buy centro as they are expensive and very poor quality in my opinion.
Cheers Adam

Interesting to read of your issues with these batteries. I've 2 sets of these as they're readily available in the UK, one set 12 months and approx 100 cycles old the other set 4 months and 40 odd cycles old. I've used them mainly in my O8S and DBXL-E (both standard electronics, just geared up) and occasionally in a couple of my boats and they've been spot on giving good runtime, power, punch and have always balanced / charged well.

As mentioned above Lipos can be a mixed bag and anyone who's been in the hobby long enough will have had a battery fail on them at some point. I've had gensacearespammers and Overlanders amongst others fail in the past though in my experience most have failed through abuse .. over gearing, heavy impacts, regular use in freezing and wet conditions and poor charging habits.

If you're looking for another option I'd probably go for these, not cheap though -

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/produc...po-4s-14.8v-8000mah-80c-ec5-for-arrma-1335344

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back