Talion Channel lock hr motor mount with stock center diff brace.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLOODBATH

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I installed the new channel lock hot racing motor mount but I am still using the stock center diff brace in the front. They fit right but the stock brace is much taller than the HR motor mount so I'm having trouble putting the cover back on the entire Assembly. Do I HAVE to get the HR center diff mount to be the same height?
20200508_102324.jpg

Last edited:
Im baffled on this one.
Your front support brace is new V4 or the older V3 one? Can't tell from your pic. Is the front brace perhaps upside down. I cant tell from the pic..
I don't think your problem will be solved with changing to a HR top brace. I have the HR top brace and it is the same dimensions as the Stock. (in my Kraton 6S) I never dealt with that new HR motor mount. But dimensions should follow stock as HR usually does.

It's for sure not upside down because when you put the top plate over both the shafts have to slide down there center of the stock tower to hold the bearings/center diff in place. My version is the v4 blx

That HR mount is way off if you ask me. At least from the pic. like 5mm off?:unsure:
I don't know much about the new mount. But maybe it needs a matching front brace and top brace. Could be a HR flub.(y) HR does that sometimes. At least in the past. Hopefully others can help better.

Ya it was pretty far off but I made it work with top spacers, you can kind of see them right under the cover on top of the HR channel lock mount.

Attachments

• 20200509_171426.jpg
    20200509_171426.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 43
From what I remember, the HR motor mount that came out with the V3's would not work with the V4 center diff mount.
The weird thing is, from the bottom of both mounts the center diff sits level, it's just the top posts that come off the top of the HR mount are shorter. It works like a charm though, just had to make tiny spacers for the plastic cover that the body brace clips to so it would sit level.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back