Cleaning aluminium parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will.

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm in the process of have a major strip down and clean due to a chassis replacement. Does anyone have an tips for cleaning aluminium parts? ( M2C and CRCU)

Please see pictures attached.
Thanks as always.
Will

20220406_165212.jpg

20220406_165230.jpg

20220406_165149.jpg

20220406_165157.jpg

Put them in a old pan and spray them down with Simple Green and let it soak for a bit.
Then put on some gloves and get an old toothbrush and go to work..

And, afterwards if you want that showroom shine.. (if you have a grinder with a buffing wheel) get some-
Mothers 05100 Mag & Aluminum Polish, 5 oz.
, dab a bit of polish compound on the parts and put them to the polish wheel.
Super shiny!

thanks, is there anything else I could use instead of simple green, seems very expensive in the uk.

Spray it with WD-40 and let soak..
It'll be oily but will do the same in loosening dirt and grime off the parts.

Any common organic solvent mixture intended for parts cleaning (naphtha, brake cleaner etc.) and a stiff plastic bristle brush and scraper will get them about as clean as you can without damage or diminishing returns on effort. Some of the black grime and dirt is embedded and probably won't come off without sanding, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Spray it with WD-40 and let soak..
It'll be oily but will do the same in loosening dirt and grime off the

Any common organic solvent mixture intended for parts cleaning (naphtha, brake cleaner etc.) and a stiff plastic bristle brush and scraper will get them about as clean as you can without damage or diminishing returns on effort. Some of the black grime and dirt is embedded and probably won't come off without sanding, but I wouldn't worry about it.
Soaked wd40 and scrubbed, dremel/ polish. Sorted. Wont last long, but it's clear of grub.

Will

20220407_135338.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back