Kraton Concrete yard fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gris1016

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
So the run didn't last too long before I popped out the blower pillow ball. I crammed it off in there to get a few more runs though.

MVIMG_20190907_140943.jpg
MVIMG_20190907_121118.jpg
MVIMG_20190907_172253.jpg
IMG_20190907_172316_01.jpg

Oh yeah, and it's so hot out here, the RPM arms got soggy and soft like noodles loll

Last edited:
Wow that looked like a heck of a rip. Yeah I’ve had equipment exposed to concrete dust before and if it hardens wow the material was done. Sometimes on the pivot ball threads I drop in some CA glue. Bash on ??

JB weld or some type of 2 part epoxy works well for holding the lowers in also.
The only drawback is it doesn't come apart if you want it to.
Awesome pics for sure.

Epoxied it in. I got a couple spare sets of RPMs, it just gets so hot down here everything gets soft. I ran metal arms a couple of times but once they bend their toast

I was videoing with my GoPro but that thing thermal off with a quickness lol. I did get some footage so I'll edit that up and post up

The other thing I have done is to use a few flat tooth picks and break them off in the hole and thread it back together.
It does actually work surprisingly well.
We look forward to the video.
Where is down here btw?

The other thing I have done is to use a few flat tooth picks and break them off in the hole and thread it back together.
It does actually work surprisingly well.
We look forward to the video.
Where is down here btw?
Houston/Galveston Texas. 98 degrees... STILL AND THAT'S NOT EVEN INCORPORATING THE HUMIDITY. At least it's not 98 degrees the boy group lol

Lord have mercy son that is too hot for me.
In Mackinac City Michigan we are at 58 degrees and that I much prefer.
I had no idea there was such a group.
Somethings are good to not know.

Lord have mercy son that is too hot for me.
In Mackinac City Michigan we are at 58 degrees and that I much prefer.
I had no idea there was such a group.
Somethings are good to not know.
It's the dog days of summer down here man, you really can fry an egg on the pavement...... It's call the bayou City for a reason. You guys get snow days, we get flood days and heat days lol

Funny enough it really can't get cold enough or enough snow for me.
I hate it hot but love the cold.

It's not quite a jungle but it's close. Here's a few shots in my backyard, yep those are banana trees ?

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190907_184134.jpg
    MVIMG_20190907_184134.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 35
  • MVIMG_20190907_184130.jpg
    MVIMG_20190907_184130.jpg
    629.7 KB · Views: 34
That is actually really cool.
I want a banana tree.

That is actually really cool.
I want a banana tree.
Want some Gators and snakes too, how about some coons, armadillos, and some opossums lol
Yeah I'm not a fan of the cold weather, been around it enough to wear the novelty wore off quickly.
One thing is for sure, being the bayou City, there's so many paved ditches and bayous, creeks, and spillways There is so much to skate and bike and launch RC's off of it unreal... Unless it's flooding but then you just wait till the next day and it's all good lol

I have always loved the cold, we live in farm country so not much in the way of concrete here, but lots of room for sure.
Try jumping a few plies of dried and sun baked horse crap that is a dimension of excitement for sure.

I have always loved the cold, we live in farm country so not much in the way of concrete here, but lots of room for sure.
Try jumping a few plies of dried and sun baked horse crap that is a dimension of excitement for sure.
Hahaha no doubt dude, over here the cow patties get big..... Ever seen a pile from a longhorn, talk about a crappy launch ramp lol but yeah you hit some of those cakes going 30 or 40 You're up dude way up. Down here we're just about at sea level so not really getting close to the moon or anything but still getting way high! Yeah all the concrete in the ditches and all that, it's like skate parks everywhere, you can never have enough batteries ?
Welcome to Texas lol
I'm about to start renting on that talian build
Cheers everyone!!

Attachments

• IMG_20190609_172722.jpg
    IMG_20190609_172722.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
That Kraton sure looks crusty. Hopefully cleans up easy.

I'm definitely not south by a long shot @gris1016, being from Canada and all, but I do line to rip in construction sites with lots of dirt, sand and gravel. Gotta keep a lose eye on everything because if rocks get stuck in the wrong places, damage happens and you don't know til its too late. Hope your blowing the truck of with an air compressor after your runs. That dust will eat bearings and other moving parts in a snap. Hope you get some video though. Looks like a wild place to bash.

Posted this in the wrong thread last night, oops.
This is my backyard definitely no banana trees but certainly a lot of hay.
20190629_142144.jpg

Want some Gators and snakes too, how about some coons, armadillos, and some opossums lol
Yeah I'm not a fan of the cold weather, been around it enough to wear the novelty wore off quickly.
One thing is for sure, being the bayou City, there's so many paved ditches and bayous, creeks, and spillways There is so much to skate and bike and launch RC's off of it unreal... Unless it's flooding but then you just wait till the next day and it's all good lol

I used to live near Tampa FL. and I miss the critters. You can always send me a 'dillo or two and a few gators. We have enough racoons and space rats tho.

I don't much care for critter so to say, they all try to kill our chickens and rabbits. The larger ones try to get to the goats.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back