Grom Confirm metal outdrives?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWSD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Kraton 4s
Can anyone that bought and received the optional Oil Filled Differential Set confirm the outdrives are in-fact metal? I assume the internals are still plastic also? Thanks in advance.

I haven’t. Just wanted to throw it out there so when they do get into hands we can confirm.
I did notice Hot Racing has some metal outdrives listed on their site. Not available yet but probably will be sooner than the Arrma ones. 🤷‍♂️

Btw: I blew another out drive yesterday. 😕

Not sure if it’s accurate, but as of the past couple hours, the oil filled diffs are showing in stock on Arrma’s website. I put in an order. Time will tell.

I can confirm internals and outdrives are metal. Can anyone that has opened theirs confirm there is no gasket seal? I find it odd being that they are oil filled. Curious if it’s by design or if I need to reach out to customer service.

I can confirm internals and outdrives are metal. Can anyone that has opened theirs confirm there is no gasket seal? I find it odd being that they are oil filled. Curious if it’s by design or if I need to reach out to customer service.
No gaskets on mine either. 🤷‍♂️

Ah so they are like the diffs on the Lc Racing and Team Associated Reflex only partially sealed.

Yeah exactly like the stock Lc Racing and Team Associated Reflex diffs.
How do differentials designed like this hold in oil then? Kind of seems counterproductive if I have to keep filling my diffs after it just leaks out after so many runs. Does the grease on the ring gear do anything to help keep the oil in?

How do differentials designed like this hold in oil then? Kind of seems counterproductive if I have to keep filling my diffs after it just leaks out after so many runs. Does the grease on the ring gear do anything to help keep the oil in?
I don't get it either. I think they assume we are going to be rebuilding them every weekend I'm not sure. It does hold for a little while but it slowly leaks out over time. At least LC Racing has a new optional diff that is 100% sealed. The Mini 8ight diffs weren't sealed at all.

Back