Kraton New exb diff outdrives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mopsik_Klopsik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
I have heard that the new exb diff outdrives are now longer to prevent driveshafts from popping out of them. Is it true?
arexb.png

Do you have to replace the entire bulkhead to use them? Do the new ones drop in on older chassis like Outcast 6s EXB?

Do you have to replace the entire bulkhead to use them? Do the new ones drop in on older chassis like Outcast 6s EXB?
All exb models used the same outdrives so yes as long as you have EXB diffs you can use them.

Running CVDs in the rear is always an option.

Do you know what difference this make sin how the car drives?
There’s no difference in how the car handles. I just find it more reliable compared to bones.

Running CVDs in the rear is always an option.
They pop out at the outdrive not at the wheel axle part. And it happens in the front not in the rear. If the material is junk like on the RTR and EXB v1 they are pretty much worthless because the material they were made of is terrible. A few packs and they are terribly worn out massive play Ect. Unless the aftermarket makes some ( the aftermarket should have come with that idea if you ask me They seems to spend all their time almost to find new things to upgrade, some that are not needed and down right an downgrade, they know the axles pop out for ages on the front of these trucks). A nice improvement overall. But i could be wrong and the material can turn out to be solid.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if these outdrives will work on a V5 BLX? Or is there a difference in outdrives on EXB diffs/bulkheads?

Does anyone know if these outdrives will work on a V5 BLX? Or is there a difference in outdrives on EXB diffs/bulkheads?
They have a larger shaft diameter with cross pin size(2.5mm) and only work with the EXB 29mm cup assembly.

The BLX are 31mm cup and 2.25mm cross pin

They have a larger shaft diameter with cross pin size(2.5mm) and only work with the EXB 29mm cup assembly.

The BLX are 31mm cup and 2.25mm cross pin
Iirc the EXB are 6mm in diameter vs 5mm for the BLX.

Back