Outcast Construction site rip ends in broken motor shaft!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aametzger

TORTURED RC
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Outcast 8s
I went out to my go-to construction site with my kraton 8s, outcast 8s and my buddy brought his kraton 6s v5, and we ripped it up.. On the last jump with my Outcast 8s the motor shaft snapped during full trigger at the top of the pile I was jumping.. It sent me into an epic front flip! HH is coving the motor but its on backorder for 3 weeks! O8s will be down for a bit :-( below is the video if anyone want to check it out.

Awesome driving. :LOL:(y)
Yeah a cracked motor shaft is a defect IMHO.
Just have to wait out on the Warranty B/O. All good.:)

Awesome driving. :LOL:(y)
Yeah a cracked motor shaft is a defect IMHO.
Just have to wait out on the Warranty B/O. All good.:)
yea. waiting sucks but at least i still have my kraton 8s to bash until then :) . I'm probably going to throw my powerhobbyxl's on it and put in the 24t pinion that just came in the mail for my outcast. should be a rocket!

Did you mean “odd”? Or are you suggesting this is very common.? I know I have heard of several others reporting this.
It's not very common about as common as people snapping a crankshaft in a real car, but it does happen from time to time.

It's not very common about as common as people snapping a crankshaft in a real car, but it does happen from time to time.
Right. I think his post may have been a typo. Yea I would expect it to be rare too but have heard of a few with this motor. Maybe a quality control problem. But either way HH is taking care of it so I’m good.

Right. I think his post may have been a typo. Yea I would expect it to be rare too but have heard of a few with this motor. Maybe a quality control problem. But either way HH is taking care of it so I’m good.
I've seen a few on the 6s line and like 1 on the 3s. @olds97_lss snapped one off a Castle motor once.

I think its just bad metal, Maybe some monkey metal mixed in there also.:LOL: Has to be, because it kooks like they crack clean off.

Since March 2020, the problem has been reported to the Korea Forum, and so far, about seven incidents have occurred.
wow. ok, that sucks. hopefully they got it sorted in newer production builds of the motor

I went out to my go-to construction site with my kraton 8s, outcast 8s and my buddy brought his kraton 6s v5, and we ripped it up.. On the last jump with my Outcast 8s the motor shaft snapped during full trigger at the top of the pile I was jumping.. It sent me into an epic front flip! HH is coving the motor but its on backorder for 3 weeks! O8s will be down for a bit :-( below is the video if anyone want to check it out.

Sounds like it's time for a big block ??.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back