Kraton Copperhead wheels tyres

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soilhalo77

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Anyone know if any Proline tyres fit on to the copperhead wheels as a replacement?
I like the wide style of the copperhead tyres on certain surfaces but I bought some proline wheels n tyres but I found them too big too heavy and I didn’t like the xtra offset so if anyone does know of a proline tyre that would fit a copperhead wheel or of any proline that doesn’t have a massive offset and isn’t super wide then please let me know.
Thanks in advance 👍👍👍

The Copperhead wheels also have a postive offset anyway.
I hate the CH 2's Wheels and tires anyway. Drives very clumsily, and tear apart so easily.The worst of Arrma 6s tires and wheels. IMHO. I doubt that any PL tires will fit the CH wheel well enough. PL only offers premounts for MT basher type rigs.. Only their Track 1/8 tires are available separately. Trial and error will dictate. Try a set to see if they will fit the CH wheel. If the beads don't match up to be glued properly, then buy a set of PL Truggy Dished wheels for them. ( in zero offset) With zero offset the Kraton becomes a legit Truggy platform. It's intended design. Drives much nicer with the narrower track IMHO.
I run BF LP's and Zero Offeset Truggy Track wheels and tires. (my favorite handling and most durable) Just doesn't have that Large MT Look that many like. I usually don't care what my wheels and tires look like. I go for the performance. Any Zero offset wheel I use with a Lower profile tire, is usually my favorite wheel/tire combo for my 6s Kraton and Noto.
Just some ideas. Hopefully others will chime in with theirs.
:cool:

Last edited:
I hate the CH 2's Wheels and tires anyway. Drives very clumsily, and tear apart so easily.The worst of Arrma 6s tires and wheels. IMHO. I doubt that any PL tires will fit the CH wheel well enough. PL only offers premounts for MT basher type rigs.. Only their Track 1/8 tires are available separately. Trial and error will dictate. Try a set to see if they will fit the CH wheel. If the beads don't match up to be glued properly, then buy a set of PL Truggy Dished wheels for them. ( in zero offset) With zero offset the Kraton becomes a legit Truggy platform. It's intended design. Drives much nicer with the narrower track IMHO.
I run BF LP's and Zero Offeset Truggy Track wheels and tires. (my favorite handling and most durable) Just doesn't have that Large MT Look that many like. I usually don't care what my wheels and tires look like. I go for the performance. Any Zero offset wheel I use with a Lower profile tire, is usually my favorite wheel/tire combo for my 6s Kraton and Noto.
Off topic, but @SrC ,how well do the Duratrax hold up to 6s? I'm speaking of the Xcons or similar.. I've used the DTX blinders and badgers with good results but they don't hold up to 6s very well. Tried them both on my mojave but that's just a different animal..rough on tires she is.

I get that the CH wheels have an offset but no where near as much as the PL Raid wheels do
I normally run on the backflips anyway but I do like to swap them over, but I ask about the PL as they are way better tyres and tbh I like the look of the CH wheels.
I actually ripped the CH tyres on some re-bar 1st time out (about 1’ across) but that was 18 months ago and I glued it back together and it’s still going. They just keep coming unglued from rims so that’s another reason I was looking for other options. I do actually enjoy the difference in handling between the 2 sets of tyres I run and actually see it as a benefit for keeping u on your toes as to how the car handles

I get that the CH wheels have an offset but no where near as much as the PL Raid wheels do
I normally run on the backflips anyway but I do like to swap them over, but I ask about the PL as they are way better tyres and tbh I like the look of the CH wheels.
I actually ripped the CH tyres on some re-bar 1st time out (about 1’ across) but that was 18 months ago and I glued it back together and it’s still going. They just keep coming unglued from rims so that’s another reason I was looking for other options. I do actually enjoy the difference in handling between the 2 sets of tyres I run and actually see it as a benefit for keeping u on your toes as to how the car handles
Aside from the CH 2 tires being too thin of a rubber, tearing apart easily etc., with too soft a Foam IMHO, the problem with the CH 2 premounts is not so much the Tires bead, it is the CH wheels' beads that suck. I've been through several CH2 sets. Waste of $$$. Look nice as shelf tires. That's it. Overall, just not a good performing wheel to begin with. Regardless of whether they Look nice or not.

When you refer to PL wheels being too wide an offset, which ones are you talking about???
Have you considered DTX wheels/tires? Or MethodRC?

Aside from the CH 2 tires being too thin of a rubber, tearing apart easily etc., with too soft a Foam IMHO, the problem with the CH 2 premounts is not so much the Tires bead, it is the CH wheels' beads that suck. I've been through several CH2 sets. Waste of $$$. Look nice as shelf tires. That's it. Overall, just not a good performing wheel to begin with. Regardless of whether they Look nice or not.
Well I’ve never had one apart and tbh I never checked the bead depth

I have looked the CH wheels and tires over well. Having had so many tear apart and explode, clearly visible how they are poorly attached at the bead. Foams distort etc. go unbalanced easily and explode. Too soft etc. CH Wheel bead area is bad for tire retention. And I only run 6s max.
They suck. And it seems to be the general consensus.:unsure:
I also don't like reusing old wheels. They don't hold up well, especially using MT large wheels and tires in general. Not even worth the effort to save some coin.
I rather build up a new set from scratch. Or just get premounts. I always felt the BF wheels were stronger and stay truer also.

Last edited:
Off topic, but @SrC ,how well do the Duratrax hold up to 6s? I'm speaking of the Xcons or similar.. I've used the DTX blinders and badgers with good results but they don't hold up to 6s very well. Tried them both on my mojave but that's just a different animal..rough on tires she is.
The 1/8 Truggy X-cons (Zero) are mint in my book. And for the price. They are light/durable and make the rig very agile and nimble. Not the best for Big Air rotation, being light. Love the lower profile. Ballooning is minimal IMHO. Never shredded one yet. I have 2 sets, and they are getting old. Treads are surprisingly durable. More than I imagained. My go to tires. Many don't run them just because of the looks. (Not an MT looking tire and all) But Track guys run them and for a reason.
I am not a Big air guy, but do 10 footer jumps for sure. Even as Truggy pins in general go, Durability wise are pretty dam good. They are on my Kraton now and have been using for at least 30 packs so far. Just don't run any Pin style tires on pavement.
I always balance and rotate my tires.

Edited.

Last edited:
The 1/8 Truggy X-cons are mint in my book. And for the price. They are light/durable and make the rig very agile and nimble. Not the best for Big Air rotation, being light. Love the lower profile. Ballooning is minimal IMHO. Never shredded one yet. I have 2 sets, and they are getting old. Tread sare surprisingly durable. Mor ethan I imagained. My go to tires. Many don't run them just because of the looks. ( Not an MT looking tire and all) But Track guys run them and for a reason.
I am not a Big air guy, but do 10 footer jumps for sure. Even as Truggy pins in general go, Durability wise are pretty dam good. They are on my Kraton now and have been using for at least 30 packs so far. Just don't run any Pin style tires on pavement.
I always balance and rotate my tires.

Edited.
Thanks👍 I bought a set of TRX response pro 3.8 tires to run on either the k6 or kronos xtr..wanted different wheels than the standard white dish TRX offers. So I grabbed a aet of TRX green that the erevo comes with but now realize the offset is going to make it ridiculously wide..might have to save those for something else down the line..at $32 a pair, the X cons sound like what I should've bought.. no huge air for me either,been there, no thanks. Handling is my priority. No blacktop either.

I find any LP Truggy Wheel/tire setup more refined for technical driving. How they are used on a track.
BTW , I am not a fan of any PL Adapter hub type wheels. I avoid them now. The adapters crack. The PL Optional alloy hub adapters as an alternative, are ludicrously expensive.(n)
But they do have different size offset adapters FWIW.

Last edited:
I find any LP Truggy Wheel/tire setup more refined for technical driving. How they are used on a track.
BTW , I am not a fan of any PL Adapter hub type wheels. I avoid them now. The adapters crack. The PL Optional alloy hub adapters as an alternative, are ludicrously expensive.(n)
But they do have different size offset adapters FWIW.
Agree, but I have a good amount of them at this point so living with the pain. Man, do I have to be careful tightening them have a spare pack on hand. Think they were only $10 but they should not be this fragile! Love the metal as well but not for the cost, and I would need 2 sets at the min, no way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back